Digital TV News: YouTube TV
Comscore launches single-source cross-platform measurement solution
Jan 5, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) is introducing Comscore Everywhere, a single-source unified cross-platform measurement solution. Comscore Everywhere provides a deduplicated view of media consumption across media and screens.
News categories: Comscore, David Algranati, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
YouTube TV launches on Comcast's Xfinity Flex
Dec 9, 2021 – YouTube TV is now on Xfinity Flex, giving Comcast's internet customers another option to enjoy live TV alongside a growing collection of other streaming services. YouTube TV offers access to more than 85 channels and unlimited cloud DVR.
News categories: Xfinity, YouTube TV, Colin Petrie-Norris, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 18, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 650,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 90,000 in 3Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it is the first measurement provider to deliver deduplicated audience measurement across YouTube’s largest platforms and including co-viewers of Connected TV screens.
News categories: Comscore, YouTube TV, Bill Livek, Elizabeth Daly, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
fuboTV available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is now available on the VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast platform. With fuboTV, SmartCast users can enjoy more than 100 channels streaming live sporting events plus news and entertainment content.
News categories: VIZIO, fuboTV, Katherine Pond, Len Landi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,230,000 subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 17, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,230,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,505,000 in 2Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Comscore to provide measurement for YouTube and YouTube TV
Aug 9, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) will be incorporating YouTube and YouTube TV measurement into its Comscore Campaign Ratings, providing marketers with an understanding of how audiences are consuming YouTube content.
News categories: Comscore, YouTube, Bill Livek, Debbie Weinstein, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV