Digital TV News: Youfone
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
Aug 13, 2020 – Amino, and sister-company 24i, have announced that Youfone has launched the first Android TV service in the Netherlands, providing consumers with a converged OTT, VoD and live TV experience on TVs and mobiles.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
24i launches Video Experience Platform
Jul 22, 2020 – 24i has announced the launch of its Video Experience Platform (VEP), a SaaS platform that combines its apps framework, video processing and UX products with an ecosystem of technologies and partners.
News categories: 24i, Martijn Van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Red Bee provides channels for Youfone TV offering
May 12, 2020 – Red Bee is providing channel distribution services for Dutch independent telecom provider Youfone. Through the Red Bee 'Channel Store', Youfone is creating television bundles with news, sports and entertainment for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Red Bee, Youfone, Josbert van Rooijen, Valentijn Rensing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands
Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
Dec 9, 2019 – Amino and sister-company 24i have announced that they have entered into an agreement with the Dutch MVNO Youfone to provide a fully-integrated, end-to-end video solution to refresh and expand its TV and OTT offering.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, 24i, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
EU clears T-Mobile NL's acquisition of Tele2 NL
Nov 27, 2018 – The European Commission has approved under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL. The Commission concluded that the merger would raise no competition concerns in the European Economic Area or any substantial part of it.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands, Regulation
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment