Digital TV News: Youfone
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
Aug 13, 2020 – Amino, and sister-company 24i, have announced that Youfone has launched the first Android TV service in the Netherlands, providing consumers with a converged OTT, VoD and live TV experience on TVs and mobiles.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
24i launches Video Experience Platform
Jul 22, 2020 – 24i has announced the launch of its Video Experience Platform (VEP), a SaaS platform that combines its apps framework, video processing and UX products with an ecosystem of technologies and partners.
News categories: 24i, Martijn Van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Red Bee provides channels for Youfone TV offering
May 12, 2020 – Red Bee is providing channel distribution services for Dutch independent telecom provider Youfone. Through the Red Bee 'Channel Store', Youfone is creating television bundles with news, sports and entertainment for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Red Bee, Youfone, Josbert van Rooijen, Valentijn Rensing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands
Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
Dec 9, 2019 – Amino and sister-company 24i have announced that they have entered into an agreement with the Dutch MVNO Youfone to provide a fully-integrated, end-to-end video solution to refresh and expand its TV and OTT offering.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, 24i, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
EU clears T-Mobile NL's acquisition of Tele2 NL
Nov 27, 2018 – The European Commission has approved under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL. The Commission concluded that the merger would raise no competition concerns in the European Economic Area or any substantial part of it.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands, Regulation
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg