Digital TV News: ZON Multimédia
ZON goes live with ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine
Sep 3, 2013 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Portugal's ZON has gone live with the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine. ZON's high-end subscribers can now experience personalised recommendations and intelligent navigation, making it easier to find content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Portugal, Set Top Box
Dutch digital TV connections grow to 6.3 million in Q3 2012
Nov 20, 2012 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.6 percent during the third quarter of 2012 to 6.3 million on 30 September 2012, according to Telecompaper's quarterly Dutch Television Subscribers report.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Harmonic Transcoding Powers Multiscreen OTT Services for ZON
May 9, 2012 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that ZON Multimédia (Lisbon:ZON) has chosen Harmonic's portfolio of transcoding solutions as the enabling technology for a range of new multiscreen services being offered on ZON Online.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, ZON Multimédia, Content Distribution, DRM, OTT, Portugal, Smart TV, Tablet
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Nagravision And ZON TVCabo To Field-Test OpenTV nX User Experience
Sep 9, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it will field test ZON TVCabo's next generation user experience solution based on OpenTV nX, Nagravision's cross-device user interface.
News categories: Nagravision, ZON Multimedia, OpenTV, Middleware, Portugal
ZON Multimedia First to Field Trial NDS Snowflake UI, Enabled by MediaHighway STB Software
Sep 9, 2010 – NDS has announced that Portuguese pay-TV operator ZON Multimedia (Lisbon:ZON) will field trial its new TV platform, based on the NDS Snowflake™ User Interface (UI).
News categories: NDS Group, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, IBC, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite
ReDeSign shows first public live transmission of DVB-C2
May 4, 2010 – The ReDeâˆ«ign Project demonstrates the world's first public DVB-C2 live transmission at ANGA Cable 2010. The event marks an important milestone with respect to the introduction of the new technology in European broadband cable networks.
News categories: ReDeâˆ«ign, ANGA COM, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2
UPSTAR Comunicações Selects Eutelsat to Broadcast ZAP, The New Satellite TV Bouquet of Angola
Mar 2, 2010 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has signed a major contract with UPSTAR Comunicações for satellite capacity for the broadcasting of ZAP pay-TV platform, expected to launch shortly in Angola.
News categories: Eutelsat, Angola, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box
127k Zon boxes installed in 4Q09; pay TV subscribers stable
Mar 1, 2010 – ZON Multimedia (Lisbon:ZON) has released its results for 2009. By the end of FY09, ZON's total Pay TV subscriber base was 1.595 million subscribers, of which 1.180 million subscribed to cable services and 414 thousand to satellite services.
News categories: ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, DVR, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Pay TV revenue in India to grow at a lethargic 0.9% CAGR
- ENENSYS powers service quality monitoring at Evoca
- Friend MTS and Akamai offer server-side A/B variant watermarking
- Comscore expands DISH Media agreement to include Sling TV
- AT&T premium TV down 620k; Vrio down 383k; HBO up 3.3M video subs in 1Q 2021
- Connected TVs and VOD embedded in UK viewing habits
- HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 82,000 in 1Q 2021
- Accedo launches out-of-the-box sports video solution
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- Bold MSS launches Android TV app for cable TV operators
- Apple unveils next generation Apple TV 4K
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- MTS launches KION video streaming platform
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable