Digital TV News: ZTE
Cellcom Israel announces 200,000 Cellcom TV households
Jul 18, 2018 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced approximately 200,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services. Cellcom entered the market with its Cellcom tv OTT offering in December 2014.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Subscribers
Médiamétrie and Tape Consultancy present multiscreen audience measurement data
Oct 3, 2017 – According to Médiamétrie, in the top 5 countries in Europe people watched on average 3 hours and 48 minutes per day per person on the main TV in the first half of 2017. However internet viewing has enjoyed growing success in video consumption.
News categories: Médiamétrie, TAPE Consultancy, Frédéric Vaulpré, Florent Carême, Paul Youngbluth, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Mobile, Spain, UK
SDMC wins Android TV certification for OTT STB
Sep 20, 2017 – In September 2017, the OTT TV Box DV8219 launched by SDMC obtained Android TV™ official certification, making SDMC the third authorized company in China after ZTE and Xiaomi.
News categories: SDMC, Android TV, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
150,000 TV subscribers for Cellcom Israel
Sep 4, 2017 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced that in less than three years around 150,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services, representing approximately 10% of the TV households in Israel.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, Subscribers
ZTE integrates Conax security and signs IPTV reseller agreement
Jul 6, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a reseller agreement with ZTE. The key aspect of the partnership is the bundling of Conax’ Connected Access IPTV security client with ZTE’s solution targeting the global IPTV market.
News categories: Conax, ZTE, Hans Kwaaitaal, Fang Hui, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
ZTE wins Turksat digital hybrid STB contract
Jun 27, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has won its bid to provide a digital hybrid set-top-box (STB) solution for Turkey’s direct-to-home (DTH) and cable operator, Turksat. The contract was confirmed prior to MWC Shanghai 2017.
News categories: ZTE, Turksat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA COM, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
ZTE to deliver STBs to TotalPlay based on Netgem middleware
May 3, 2017 – Netgem has announces the signature of a software agreement with ZTE for the delivery of complete TV solutions to Telecom operators in Latin America. The partnership starts in Mexico with TotalPlay.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, TotalPlay, Joseph Haddad, William Tan, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey