Digital TV News: ZTE Corp
ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
Dec 5, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that it has assisted América Móvil in the migration of Claro TV set-tops from AOSP to Android TV. The solution has been deployed in multiple countries in Latin America.
News categories: ZTE, América Móvil, Mariano Dizeo, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
Sep 16, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), together with Turk Telekom, has deployed the largest IPTV/OTT platform in Turkey. The new platform adopts an integrated video platform architecture.
News categories: ZTE, Turk Telekom, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
ZTE and Amlogic launch 8K STB at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), with Amlogic, has launched its ZTE 8K STB at IBC 2022. The 8K STB, connected to a big screen, can present an immersive 4K UI with enhanced ultra HD video quality, providing audience with an ultimate audiovisual experience.
News categories: ZTE, Amlogic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
Dec 7, 2021 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) launched two set-top boxes (STBs), its 4K IP STB ZXV10 B870V2J supporting Reference Design Kit (RDK) and its DVB hybrid STB ZXV10 B836CTSI-A20 supporting Common Broadcast Stack, at IBC 2021 held online.
News categories: ZTE Corp, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
Oct 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced a partnership with Netflix for its Hailstorm program. The Hailstorm Hybrid Program is Netflix's Android TV-based STB device scaling program for Pay TV operators and CE partners.
News categories: ZTE, Netflix, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
ZTE combines soundbar and set-top box
Sep 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched a far-field 4K AI Soundbar STB at the IBC Showcase. By integrating smart soundbar and set-top box (STB), ZTE provides operators with a multi-function platform and a must-have device for consumers.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
ZTE to unveil Big Video solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 11, 2019 – At IBC, ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) plans to unveil four innovative Big Video Solutions including 5G Live TV, 5G+8K, dual-ecosystem IPTV and smart home STB products. ZTE will showcase many other series of powerful STBs.
News categories: ZTE, 5G, Android TV, China, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership