Digital TV News: Zee Entertainment
ZEE shareholders approve proposed merger with Sony Pictures Networks India
Oct 14, 2022 – Equity shareholders of ZEE Entertainment (ZEEL) have approved the proposed merger of ZEEL and Bangla Entertainment with and into Culver Max Entertainment (formerly Sony Pictures Networks India).
News categories: ZEE Entertainment, Sony Pictures Networks India, Punit Goenka, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment Enterprises agree merger
Dec 22, 2021 – Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have signed definitive agreements to merge ZEEL with and into SPNI and combine their linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries.
News categories: Zee Entertainment, Sony Pictures Networks India, Punit Goenka, N.P. Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
Sep 22, 2021 – Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have entered into an exclusive, non-binding Term Sheet to combine their linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Zee Entertainment, Digital TV, India, MandA
ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
Jun 10, 2021 – ZEE5 is to launch in the United States on June 22. The platform is currently under beta testing in the market. The U.S. is the final and largest launch for ZEE5, in a market with a ready 5.4 million diaspora audience.
News categories: ZEE5, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ZEE5 available through Celcom in Malaysia using Apigate billing API
Mar 5, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Celcom in Malaysia. The partnership will provide Celcom customers with a secure and convenient payment mode, through Apigate's Direct Carrier Billing API, to subscribe to ZEE5's content bouquet.
News categories: ZEE5, Apigate, Celcom, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Zoran Vasiljev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Apigate API ecosystem connects ZEE5 content to viewers across the globe
Feb 25, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Apigate to deliver its content to audiences globally. Through the partnership, ZEE5 is leveraging not only Direct Carrier Billing but also going beyond that to offer bundling, wallets and application to person messaging for all subscribers.
News categories: Apigate, ZEE5, Zoran Vasiljev, Raja Mansukhani, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, MWC22, Streaming, Worldwide
ZEE5 partners with Tata Elxsi for app development
Feb 26, 2018 – ZEE5 has partnered with Tata Elxsi for its front-end applications. Tata Elxsi has driven the integration of ZEE5 with the video backend, multi-lingual front-end user experience and multi-CDN networks.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, ZEE5, K P Sreekumar, Amit Goenka, Apps, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
ZEEL chooses Axinom for its ZEE5 digital platform
Nov 8, 2017 – Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEEL) has selected Axinom to power the backend of its new digital entertainment platform ZEE5, which is poised to be the largest OTT service for Indian entertainment in the world.
News categories: Axinom, ZEEL, Ralph Wagner, Amit Goenka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution