Digital TV News: Zeebo
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 – According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
zeebox TV companion app makes U.S. debut
Sep 27, 2012 – zeebox has announced that Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax are teaming with zeebox to support its cross-channel TV viewing companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
zeebox and Network Ten ink partnership for Australia
Jul 11, 2012 – zeebox has announced a joint-venture with Network Ten in Australia to launch zeebox's app locally. zeebox provides viewers with a social TV discovery and interaction service, while enabling broadcasters and brands to engage with TV fans across channels.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Australia, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
BSkyB Customers to Enjoy 'Augmented TV' Through zeebox Partnership
Jan 9, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has entered into a strategic partnership with zeebox. Launching in the first half of 2012, Sky and zeebox will offer a companion app experience for Sky customers which offers unique 'augmented' TV viewing features.
News categories: BSkyB, zeebox, Apps, Ireland, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Zeebo China Unveils Plans to Bring Digital Interactive Education and Entertainment to Chinese Families
Oct 28, 2010 – Zeebo China has described its plans to develop a 3G-connected education and entertainment system specifically for Chinese consumers. The Zeebo system will enable users to wirelessly download and view content and applications on their TV sets.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Zeebo, 5G, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022