Digital TV News: Zinwell
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2021, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
MyFreeview|HD™ in New Zealand stores from 11th December
Dec 3, 2008 – With less than four weeks until Christmas, Kiwis around the country are set to benefit from the availability of the first MyFreeview|HD™ approved Digital Television Recorder.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Zinwell, Digital TV, DVR, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Zinwell STB shipments to top one million units in 2007
Nov 21, 2007 – Zinwell expects its shipments of set-top boxes (STBs) to top one million units in 2007, accounting for 35-40% of its total revenues, according to sources at the company.
News categories: Zinwell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DTMB, LNB, SBTVD, Set Top Box
Zinwell Licenses Highgate MHEG-5 Solution
Jul 31, 2007 – Highgate has announced that Zinwell has licensed its MHEG-5 (v1.06) solution for deployment across its range of MPEG-2 SD STB and iDTV module solutions
News categories: Highgate, Zinwell, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Zinwell licenses RedKey MHEG-5 engine from S&T
Jun 20, 2007 – Strategy & Technology Limited (S&T) has announced that Zinwell has licensed the company's RedKey™ MHEG engine.
News categories: Strategy & Technology (S&T), Zinwell, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021