Digital TV News: beIN SPORTS
Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
May 26, 2020 – Dailymotion has announced a strategic partnership with Huawei Video, Huawei's Entertainment Service. Through the partnership, Huawei Video has integrated Dailymotion’s video player technology in its application.
News categories: Dailymotion, Huawei, Stéphane Godin, Jervis Su, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
Feb 11, 2020 – beIN SPORTS has launched beIN SPORTS XTRA, the network’s free live sports streaming channel, on XUMO TV’s service in the U.S., followed shortly by availability in Canada. beIN SPORTS XTRA joins the growing list of 190+ channels on XUMO.
News categories: beIN SPORTS, XUMO TV, Antonio Briceño, Stefan Van Engen, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
Feb 6, 2020 – beIN SPORTS has announced the addition of beIN SPORTS XTRA, the network’s free, live sports streaming channel, to Samsung TV Plus. beIN SPORTS XTRA joins nearly 100 free TV channels on the Samsung TV Plus service.
News categories: beIN SPORTS, Samsung, Antonio Briceño, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, UX
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
beIN SPORTS renews with Nielsen for U.S. TV ratings
Jul 2, 2019 – beIN SPORTS has signed a TV measurement agreement with Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) for the U.S. Under the agreement, both beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español will continue to receive market intelligence and person-level viewing data for both networks.
News categories: Nielsen, beIN SPORTS, Peter Bradbury, Antonio Briceño, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
May 16, 2019 – In order to develop technologies that protect video content, Viaccess-Orca has partnered with b<>com. The first step in the collaboration is an innovation in watermarking that tracks pirates who redistribute illegal streaming services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Paul Molinier, Bertrand Guilbaud, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
Dec 18, 2018 – beIN MEDIA GROUP has announced that it is migrating its transponder capacity from Nilesat over to Eutelsat 8°W. After December 31, subscribers will need to ensure that their set top boxes are reconfigured to avoid any interruptions.
News categories: beIN MEDIA, Eutelsat, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
DOTSCREEN UI integrated with AirTies' 4K/UHD STBs
Sep 6, 2018 – AirTies has announced a strategic partnership with DOTSCREEN, a multi-screen app developer and specialist UI agency, under which DOTSCREEN's user interface (UI) will be integrated into AirTies' 4K/UHD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: AirTies, DOTSCREEN, Metin Taskin, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Digital TV, IBC2020, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers