Digital TV News: blinkx
blinkx Brings Premium Online Video to Sony Connected Devices
May 16, 2012 – blinkx (AIM:BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app is available on Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) connected home entertainment devices. Consumers can watch videos from blinkx's index of professionally produced content on a variety of customized channels.
News categories: blinkx, Sony Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
blinkx Brings 35 Million Hours of Video to Boxee in New App
Feb 18, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app will soon be available on Boxee. The app will allow audiences to search, discover and watch professionally produced internet video across blinkx's index of 35 million hours of video content.
News categories: blinkx, Boxee, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 – blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, OTT
blinkx to Provide Search, Personalization and Recommendation Feature for Amino's Hybrid/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 9, 2010 – blinkx (AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Amino (AIM: AMO) to develop an integrated search, recommendation and personalization solution powered by blinkx technology to be deployed on Amino's hybrid/OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: blinkx, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx's software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
blinkx Introduces BBTV, Fusing High-Quality, Premium TV Content with the Interactive Power of the Web
Apr 2, 2008 – blinkx has announced the availability of blinkx BBTV - online TV that leverages blinkx's speech and visual recognition technology to simultaneously deliver a high-quality TV experience and link it to the universe of information on the Web.
News categories: blinkx, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT
BBC iPlayer growth continues as bbc.co.uk records 29% increase
Feb 20, 2008 – Over 17 million programmes have been streamed or downloaded on demand on BBC iPlayer in the first seven weeks since its marketing launch, according to the latest figures from the BBC.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Subscribers, UK
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025