Digital TV News: blinkx
blinkx Brings Premium Online Video to Sony Connected Devices
May 16, 2012 – blinkx (AIM:BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app is available on Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) connected home entertainment devices. Consumers can watch videos from blinkx's index of professionally produced content on a variety of customized channels.
News categories: blinkx, Sony Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
blinkx Brings 35 Million Hours of Video to Boxee in New App
Feb 18, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app will soon be available on Boxee. The app will allow audiences to search, discover and watch professionally produced internet video across blinkx's index of 35 million hours of video content.
News categories: blinkx, Boxee, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 – blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, Streaming
blinkx to Provide Search, Personalization and Recommendation Feature for Amino's Hybrid/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 9, 2010 – blinkx (AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Amino (AIM: AMO) to develop an integrated search, recommendation and personalization solution powered by blinkx technology to be deployed on Amino's hybrid/OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: blinkx, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx's software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming
blinkx Introduces BBTV, Fusing High-Quality, Premium TV Content with the Interactive Power of the Web
Apr 2, 2008 – blinkx has announced the availability of blinkx BBTV - online TV that leverages blinkx's speech and visual recognition technology to simultaneously deliver a high-quality TV experience and link it to the universe of information on the Web.
News categories: blinkx, Broadband, Digital TV, Streaming
BBC iPlayer growth continues as bbc.co.uk records 29% increase
Feb 20, 2008 – Over 17 million programmes have been streamed or downloaded on demand on BBC iPlayer in the first seven weeks since its marketing launch, according to the latest figures from the BBC.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households