Digital TV News: d2h
MStar Semi for Videocon d2h HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box
Apr 21, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced the mass production of an HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box with Videocon d2h, the fastest growing DTH service provider in India.
News categories: MStar Semi, Videocon d2h, Wayne Liang, Anil Khera, Digital TV, DVB-S2, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
VIDEOCON d2h connections reach 10 million in India
Jan 28, 2014 – Videocon d2h has announced that it now has more than 10 million connections. Videocon d2h credits this growth to the wide range of channels and services, high definition and a focus on customer service.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
DDB Smart TV technology platform launched in India
Jun 21, 2012 – The DDB Foundation has launched its Digital Direct Broadcast technology platform in India. DDB-enabled televisions are able to receive digital signals without the need of a set-top box, work on files in the cloud, browse websites and convert 2D channels into 3D.
News categories: DDB Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Videocon Doubles Subscriber Base in 8 Months Using Irdeto
Sep 1, 2011 – Just eight months after securing its first two million customers, Videocon d2h (Bombay:511389), a provider of DTH services for India, has reached four million subscribers. Videocon d2h implemented and launched their services using Irdeto's (JSE:NPN) pay-TV solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon d2h, Conditional Access, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Indian DTH Industry Showing Incredible Growth
May 4, 2011 – Despite the fact that Indian DTH Industry faces several issues, the industry currently has about 30 million subscribers and is poised to grow to 69 million subscribers by 2014 end, according to a new research report from RNCOS.
News categories: RNCOS, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
India's Videocon d2h crosses 3 million subscriber mark
Apr 19, 2011 – Videocon d2h, the direct-to-home (DTH) company promoted by Videocon Group, has crossed the three million subscriber mark.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Videocon d2h presents India's first HD DVR with 3D
Mar 16, 2011 – Videocon d2h has announced the launch of India's first High Definition - Digital Video Recorder with 3D. Now its customers will be able to enjoy 3D content and experience a new world of Digital Entertainment.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Irdeto Delivers End-to-End DVB SmartStart Solution To Videocon's D2H+
Sep 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it has signed an agreement to provide its end-to-end DVB SmartStart solution for the DTH operations of Videocon (Mumbai: 511389) media arm, Bharat Business Channel, under the brand name "D2H+".
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, India, Middleware, Satellite
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying