Digital TV News: eventIS
Estonian Cable Television Operator Starman Selects SeaChange Software for VoD Service
May 30, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Estonia's Starman, will roll out a nationwide video-on-demand (VOD) service based on the open SeaChange Adrenalin video back office.
News categories: SeaChange, Starman, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Estonia, Middleware, Terrestrial
SeaChange's IBC Demonstrations to Reflect Software, Services Engaging Subscribers across Multiple Screens
Aug 24, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has revealed its demonstration line-up for IBC 2011, which underscores the television industry's continued shift to multi-screen video. SeaChange will exhibit on IBC stand 1.C27, Sept. 9-13 in Amsterdam.
News categories: SeaChange, Content Distribution, HbbTV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
StarHub Offers Mobile Television Service with SeaChange Multi-Screen Video Solution
Jun 15, 2010 – StarHub (Singapore: CC3) has deployed SeaChange International's (NASDAQ: SEAC) Intelligent Video Platform in support of its mobile TV service. StarHub TV on Mobile offers users the ability to view 24 pay channels on their mobile handsets.
News categories: SeaChange, StarHub, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Mobile, Singapore
Zappware deploys iView middleware with Slovenian IPTV operator Amis
Mar 24, 2010 – Zappware has successfully deployed its iView middleware product with the Slovenian telecom operator Amis. Amis' digital TV service, dubbed 'AmisTV2.0', was commercially launched in September 2009 in Slovenia and Croatia.
News categories: Zappware, AmisTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovenia
German Cable Operator Kabel BW Selects Harmonic for New VOD Service
May 26, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Kabel Baden Württemberg GmbH (Kabel BW) has selected Harmonic and eventIS solutions for its video-on-demand (VOD) commercial trial, to be launched in late 2009.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, eventIS, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany
Zappware inks partnership with Polish cable operator Toya
Dec 10, 2008 – Zappware has been selected by Toya, Poland's fifth largest cable operator in terms of subscriber numbers, to deliver a range of Video-On-Demand (VOD) services from Zappware's 'iView for Operators' product.
News categories: Zappware, Toya, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
OpenTV Reports Third Quarter 2008 Results
Nov 6, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ: OPTV) has announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2008. Revenues were $26.9 million, an increase of 14% over revenues of $23.7 million for the third quarter of 2007.
News categories: OpenTV, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
Motorola Powers StarHub's Demand TV
Oct 14, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that StarHub has selected Motorola to enable Demand TV - its new suite of on demand services comprising both Video-On-Demand (VOD) and On Demand Channels - for over 500,000 households in Singapore.
News categories: StarHub, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Singapore
Philips shows 3D over existing infrastructures with 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Bluray demos at IBC 2008
Sep 10, 2008 – Philips (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) will demonstrate 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Blu-ray at IBC 2008. Each of the three demos will show how the company's 2D-plus-Depth content format can be distributed easily over existing infrastructures.
News categories: Philips, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Metaverse
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader