Digital TV News: gfu
OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
Nov 17, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Omnicom Media Group (OMG) will be the first agency partner to leverage its Hispanic household data graph for its brands to expand reach and resonance with the U.S. Hispanic population.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Omnicom Media Group, Dan Aversano, Kelly Metz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
LG Ad Solutions expands MENA advertising footprint with ArabyAds
Nov 16, 2022 – LG Ad Solutions has announced a partnership with ArabyAds, expanding its CTV advertising offering into the Middle East and North Africa. ArabyAds will gain access to potential consumers in the region using LG Smart TVs.
News categories: LG Ad Solutions, ArabyAds, Raghu Kodige, Mahmoud Fathy, Gulrez Alam, Advertising, Digital TV, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Media Distillery and NLZIET partner on content discovery
Nov 10, 2022 – Media Distillery and NLZIET have announced a partnership to improve customer experience through topic-based content discovery. NLZIET is a Dutch OTT streaming service owned and operated by the country’s three major broadcasting groups (NPO, RTL and Talpa).
News categories: Media Distillery, NLZIET, Roland Sars, Sander Kouwenhove, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
VIZIO reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 9, 2022 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 16.6 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% year-on-year.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
FuboTV North America subscribers up 31% YoY at 1,231,000
Nov 4, 2022 – FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Paid subscribers in North America reached a record high of 1,231,000, an increase of 31% Y-o-Y. In the rest of the world, the company had 358,000 total paid subscribers.
News categories: FuboTV, David Gandler, Edgar Bronfman Jr, Canada, Digital TV, France, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
ARK Multicasting demonstrates ATSC 3.0-based 'OTA-CDN'
Nov 3, 2022 – ARK Multicasting has successfully completed a proof of concept 'OTA-CDN'. The OTA-CDN architecture is developed so any CDN can delegate delivery requests to ARK's ATSC-3.0 system based on business rules and capacity telemetry.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, SiliconDust, Broadpeak, SVTA, Joshua Weiss, Nick Kelsey, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV-over-IP, USA
7plus to add FAST channels, ad innovation and personalisation in 2023
Oct 25, 2022 – Seven Network is to launch more FAST channels on 7plus in 2023. 7plus uses AWS Media Elemental MediaTailor to generate virtual live-streaming channels and Amazon Personalize for content recommendations and personalisation.
News categories: Seven West Media, AWS, Gereurd Roberts, Nicole Bence, Advertising, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Havas Media to integrate Samba TV data into its audience platform
Oct 26, 2022 – Havas Media Group (HMG) North America and Samba TV have announced that they are partnering to integrate Samba TV's OTT and linear television viewing data into Converged, HMG’s audience and data management platform.
News categories: Samba TV, Havas Media, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, North America
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026