Digital TV News: iPanel
STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 First Quarter Financial Results
Apr 30, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 28, 2015. First quarter net revenues totaled $1.71 billion. On a year-over-year basis, first quarter revenues decreased 6.6%.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iPanel middleware integrated with STMicroelectronics' chipsets
Mar 25, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Palma (STiH273) HD cable chipsets and its Cannes/Monaco family of UltraHD Devices (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418) have been integrated and optimized with iPanel's middleware.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, iPanel, Kelvin Wong, Xu Jia Hong, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Introduces Entry Level HD Cable Set-Top Box Platform
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the availability of new 40nm HD cable set-top box (STB) systems-on-a-chip to meet the growing global demand for entry-level HD STB platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS® and iPanel® collaborate on multi-screen streaming platform for China
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems and iPanel have teamed up to provide the first Multi-screen, know as n-Screen, multimedia platform for commercial deployment in China.
News categories: iPanel, ViXS Systems, Cable TV, China, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Cavium Ships Multi-Format HD Set Top Box SoC
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced the Celestial™ CNC1800L multi-format, high definition Set Top Box System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processor is sampling to customers for Over the Top (OTT), IPTV, and Digital Cable Set Top Box applications.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
ViXS Showcases the Future of Media at CCBN2011 with an Array of Consumer Electronics Innovations
Mar 17, 2011 – At CCBN, ViXS will be showcasing the XCode® 5190 - its latest dense transcoder that can transcode up to six HD streams simultaneously. This multimedia processor is being deployed in Asia as well as the rest of the world.
News categories: ViXS, CCBN, Semiconductor
NXP advances digital switchover with new integrated set-top box platform
Mar 17, 2009 – NXP Semiconductors has unveiled the new STB150 system solution, delivering a complete production-ready platform for the fast growing digital cable TV services market. NXP will be demonstrating the STB150 reference design at the CCBN show in Beijing.
News categories: NXP, iPanel, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
iPanel Receives $37M Investment
Jan 4, 2009 – Orchid Asia Group Management has invested USD 30 mln in iPanel. Hunan TV & Broadcast Intermediary (000917.SZ) has also invested RMB 50 mln (approx USD 7.35 mln) through its subsidiary Shenzhen Fortune Venture Capital.
News categories: iPanel, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Venture Capital
iPanel and Amlogic agree STB IC partnership
Oct 10, 2008 – iPanel and Amlogic have reached an agreement to jointly promote their respective set-top box solutions. Under the agreement, the iPanel 3.0 browser will be pre-integrated with Amlogic's new AML8218 and 8217 digital TV set-top box chips.
News categories: iPanel, Amlogic, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th