Digital TV News: shomi
shomi to shut down on November 30, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 – shomi has announced that the streaming service will be shutting down operations as of November 30, 2016.
News categories: shomi, David Asch, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Rogers TV subscribers down 8,000 in 4Q 2014
Jan 29, 2015 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014. Television revenue decreased by 2% in the quarter as a result of the decline in television subscribers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers
Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
Aug 26, 2014 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have launched shomi, a subscription VOD service. Available initially on tablet, mobile, online, Xbox 360 and set top boxes, shomi will launch in beta first to Rogers and Shaw Internet or TV customers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, shomi, Keith Pelley, Barbara Williams, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years