Digital TV News: shomi
shomi to shut down on November 30, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 – shomi has announced that the streaming service will be shutting down operations as of November 30, 2016.
News categories: shomi, David Asch, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Rogers TV subscribers down 8,000 in 4Q 2014
Jan 29, 2015 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014. Television revenue decreased by 2% in the quarter as a result of the decline in television subscribers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers
Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
Aug 26, 2014 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have launched shomi, a subscription VOD service. Available initially on tablet, mobile, online, Xbox 360 and set top boxes, shomi will launch in beta first to Rogers and Shaw Internet or TV customers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, shomi, Keith Pelley, Barbara Williams, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers