Digital TV News: Arqiva
End of analogue TV era as switchover completes in the UK
Oct 24, 2012 – The UK has ended analogue broadcasting with the completion of digital television switchover. Switchover has boosted digital terrestrial TV coverage for 10 million viewers in reception blackspots and cleared airwaves for new uses.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Arqiva to build digital infrastructure in Gibraltar
May 10, 2012 – Arqiva has won a 'design and build' contract from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) to provide a digital broadcasting network in Gibraltar. The network will comprise multiplexing and transmission for both digital TV and DAB digital radio.
News categories: Arqiva, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Gibraltar, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain's homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, UK
Ocean Blue planning YouView software solution
Oct 19, 2010 – Ocean Blue is working with an Asian set top box manufacturer to develop a full solution for YouView -- the soon-to-be-launched video platform backed by the BBC, ITV, Channel Four, Five, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva -- to be released early 2011.
News categories: Ocean Blue, YouView, Digital TV, Home Networking, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
No Ofcom investigation into Project Canvas
Oct 19, 2010 – Ofcom has announced that it will not open an investigation into 'Project Canvas' under the Competition Act following complaints made by Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) and IPVision.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Home Networking, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Regulation, Set Top Box, UK
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)