Home Networking (wireless, powerline, phoneline, coax, …) News
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 — SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home – the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, Home Networking, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
TVConnect sees ACCESS and Verimatrix launch 'studio confident' secure media sharing
Mar 20, 2013 — ACCESS CO. and Verimatrix have announced Verimatrix Gateway. The solution integrates NetFront Living Connect™, the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Technology Component™ from ACCESS, with Verimatrix security to provide a secure in-home media sharing solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DLNA, Home Networking, Middleware, TVConnect
STMicroelectronics and SoftAtHome Demonstrate Secure Platform for MultiScreen Digital Services
Mar 20, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and SoftAtHome have successfully demonstrated a client/server solution that will allow service providers to reach extra screens with an optimal user experience in subscribers' homes via a single, managed connection.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SoftAtHome, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ACCESS Integrates NetFront Browser NX with Broadcom Set-Top Box Chipsets
Mar 19, 2013 — ACCESS CO. has announced that its TV-centric browser, NetFront Browser NX™ 3.0, will be at TV Connect. New features include enhanced YouTube Leanback HTML5 functionality, expanded STB and TV chipset support, and sharing of content and UIs from a PVR with other connected devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Broadcom, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TVConnect
Verimatrix Extends ViewRight ONE Multi-Network Home Gateway Client With Secure Format Translation Support
Mar 19, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced ViewRight Gateway. ViewRight Gateway manages the format translation process for both broadcast content streams and for local assets recorded on a DVR, extending the operators' revenue security regime for home networking models.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, Home Networking, TVConnect
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 — Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect
ALi Corp integrates ACCESS NetFront DLNA with STB ICs
Mar 14, 2013 — ACCESS CO. has announced that ALi Corporation has selected ACCESS' DLNA solution NetFront™ Living Connect SDK to integrate with its set-top-box (STB) systems-on-a-chip. The ACCESS-powered ALi SoCs will ship to STB manufacturers from Q2, 2013.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ALi Corp, DLNA, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results