Gateway (residential, home) News
Mediacom rolls out Pace media gateway with TiVo user interface
Nov 18, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that Mediacom Communications has chosen to deploy the Pace MG1 Multi-tuner Media Gateway with TiVo’s Advanced User Interface (UI) as its flagship platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Mediacom, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Home media gateway shipments to surpass 24 million in 2017
Nov 11, 2013 – According to the latest report from MRG, in 2013, global unit shipments of home media gateway products are on track to reach nearly 10 million, a solid increase from the 7.7 million units that shipped in 2012.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group, SNL Kagan, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Multiscreen, Set Top Box
Focus of home networking industry squarely on multiscreen video
Nov 8, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research, in China, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, the focus of home networking is first on expanding WiFi coverage, then quickly shifting to distributing multiscreen video
News categories: Infonetics Research, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Multiscreen, Router
Norway's Altibox selects Pace Whole Home solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it is to provide a full whole home solution to Altibox, the Norwegian triple-play service provider. The deal involves the deployment of the complete Pace software and hardware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
Shipments of connectable set-top boxes to nearly double by 2017
Oct 21, 2013 – The global market for connectable set-top boxes (STBs) is expected to surge by 91 percent from 2012 through 2017, driven by a number of factors including the adoption of multimedia home gateways (MHGs), according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
ADB to debut ultra-broadband gateways and cloud-based multi-screen solutions at BBWF 2013
Oct 9, 2013 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it will introduce its cloud-based multi-screen IPTV solution and several new ultra-broadband and fibre devices at Broadband World Forum 2013.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, BBWF, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, CEDIA, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Zinwell picks MaxLinear Full-Spectrum Capture DVB-S/S2 receivers
Sep 15, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell, a major satellite TV set-top box manufacturer in Taiwan, has selected the MxL544 Full Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) DVB-S/S2 receiver for a new family of satellite TV home media gateways.
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, IBCShow, Satellite, Semiconductor
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)