Broadband (xDSL, DOCSIS, WiMax, FTTH, …) News
2.5 million TV subscribers for Russia's ER-Telecom
Dec 12, 2013 – ER-Telecom has announced that it now has 2.51 million subscribers to its dom.ru cable and HDTV services. dom.ru is available in 56 Russian cities and provides 159 digital channels, 50 of which are in high definition.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Russia, Subscribers
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Ireland
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Caiway selects Entone Hybrid Media Hub for new fiber roll-out
Sep 25, 2013 – Entone and Divitel have announced that Dutch cable operator, Caiway, has selected Entone's Amulet Hybrid Media Hub for their new fiber roll-out.
News categories: Entone, Caiway, Divitel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Netherlands, Set Top Box, TelcoVision
Technicolor and Qualcomm collaborate on DTT+LTE Android STB
Sep 12, 2013 – Technicolor and Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) have collaborated to produce a new set-top box, known as SVELTE (Stimulating Video Experience over LTE), featuring LTE technology, terrestrial broadcast and Android OS.
News categories: Technicolor, Qualcomm, Broadband, Digital TV, LTE, Multiscreen, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ST set-top box and home gateway chips receive DOCSIS 3.0 certification
Sep 11, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that it has achieved DOCSIS® 3.0 certification for its System-on-Chip (SoC) products addressing the cable-data gateway and interactive set-top box markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable TV, DOCSIS, IBCShow, Semiconductor
Broadcom launches HD DOCSIS 2.0 STB reference design for emerging markets
Jul 22, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) and Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 2.0 set-top box (STB) reference platform for operators in emerging markets.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
- Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
- Ecuador adds 108,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
- Spain's rate of pay TV subscriber loss slows to 31,000 in 3Q 2013
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- 3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- ALi secure STB chipset receives NOCS certification from NAGRA