M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) News
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 — Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, M&A, Satellite
LG Electronics Acquires webOS from HP to Enhance Smart TV
Feb 25, 2013 — LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with HP (NYSE: HPQ) to acquire the source code, associated documentation, engineering talent and related websites associated with webOS.
News categories: LG Electronics, Hewlett-Packard, Digital TV, M&A, Middleware, Smart TV, Tablet
Liberty Global to Acquire Virgin Media
Feb 6, 2013 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) have announced that they have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Liberty Global will acquire Virgin Media in a stock and cash merger valued at approximately $23.3 billion.
News categories: Liberty Global, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, M&A, UK
ARRIS to acquire Motorola Home business from Google
Dec 19, 2012 — ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which ARRIS will acquire the Motorola Home business from Motorola Mobility for $2.35 billion in a cash-and-stock transaction.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Google, Digital TV, M&A, Set Top Box
CANAL+ and TVN begin merger of 'n' and CYFRA+ in Poland
Nov 30, 2012 — CANAL+ Group and TVN GROUP have announced the closing of their strategic partnership agreements and have started to merge their pay TV platforms n and CYFRA+, to create nc+, set to be Poland's leading premium pay TV operator.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, TVN GROUP, Digital TV, M&A, Poland, Satellite
Espial Signs Agreement to Acquire ANT plc
Nov 30, 2012 — Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced that it has entered into an agreement pursuant to which Espial has offered to acquire all of the outstanding shares of ANT plc. The offer values the issued ordinary share capital of ANT at approximately £5 million.
News categories: Espial, ANT plc, HbbTV, M&A, Middleware, Set Top Box
Kudelski sells Abilis Systems to ALi Corporation
Oct 25, 2012 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and ALi Corporation (Taiwan:3041) have announced that they have entered into an agreement under which ALi Corporation acquires Abilis Systems Sàrl from Kudelski.
News categories: ALi Corp, Kudelski, Abilis Systems, Content Protection, Digital TV, M&A, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 — Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks’ strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, M&A, Middleware
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps