M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) News
Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
Dec 12, 2013 – Magyar Telekom has announced that it has acquired a total of 9 cable networks in Hungary during 2013. The transactions are intended to strengthen Magyar Telekom’s high speed internet coverage and market position.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, M&A
Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
Nov 28, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação has announced that Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicações (Embratel) has acquired 13,675,932 of NET’s shares, corresponding to 83.62% of the total amount of NET’s outstanding shares.
News categories: Embratel, Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, M&A
Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
Nov 26, 2013 – Vivendi’s Supervisory Board has validated the group’s planned demerger. Based on the analysis submitted, this plan could take the form of a distribution of SFR shares to Vivendi shareholders on the day of the transaction.
News categories: Vivendi, SFR, Digital TV, France, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
GVT and EchoStar plan pay TV joint venture in Brazil
Oct 1, 2013 – Vivendi and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar Technologies and Vivendi subsidiary GVT have entered into negotiations to form a joint venture for pay TV services in Brazil.
News categories: EchoStar, Vivendi, GVT, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
SES enables StarTimes to expand TV reach in Africa
Sep 13, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that StarTimes has signed a contract on SES-5 to expand its media footprint in Africa and deliver DTH services across the continent. StarTimes also acquired SES' 20% shareholding in South Africa's Top TV.
News categories: SES S.A, StarTimes, Top TV, Africa, Infrastructure, M&A, Satellite, South Africa
BSkyB invests in ViXS Systems
Jun 25, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has made a strategic investment in the company. The investment was part of a recent private placement that was oversubscribed and raised more than $CDN 57.4 million as part of a going public transaction.
News categories: ViXS Systems, BSkyB, Digital TV, M&A, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Croatia, M&A, Satellite
LG Electronics Acquires webOS from HP to Enhance Smart TV
Feb 25, 2013 – LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with HP (NYSE: HPQ) to acquire the source code, associated documentation, engineering talent and related websites associated with webOS.
News categories: LG Electronics, Hewlett-Packard, Digital TV, M&A, Middleware, Smart TV, Tablet
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)