India Digital TV News
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Tata Sky selects Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution
Oct 31, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Tata Sky has deployed the Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution, a thin-client user interface application that enables new multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Tata Sky, Apps, Digital TV, India, Multiscreen, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Airtel launches SD set-top box with external storage
Oct 27, 2013 – Airtel Digital TV has launched a new standard definition (SD) set-top-box. The new box will allow customers to enjoy recording by just plugging-in an external storage device, allowing users to pause any TV show, even live programmes, for a quick TV break.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Donex to embed Exset Digital Monetization System in STBs for India
Oct 25, 2013 – Exset has announced a cooperation with Donex Industries for the production of set-top boxes for the Indian cable TV market. Under the agreement, Donex will manufacture STBs embedded with Exset’s Digital Monetization System (DMS).
News categories: Exset, Donex, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
Pace to launch STB for Indian Cable MSOs at SCaT 2013
Oct 24, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it will preview its Standard Definition (SD) MPEG-2 cable set-top box (STB), designed with features and functions to meet the specific needs of Cable MSO's, at this year's SCaT, in Mumbai.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, India, Set Top Box
Dish TV India adds 164 thousand subscribers in 3Q 2013
Oct 23, 2013 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. The company added 164 thousand subscribers in the period, taking its net subscriber base to 11 million at the end of the quarter.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Airtel Digital TV introduces LIVE Tweets on TV
Oct 21, 2013 – India's Airtel Digital TV has announced integration with Twitter to display LIVE Tweets on TV. A convergence of tweeting and television viewing, the concept is an innovation in the DTH industry that allows customers to experience Twitter on TV.
News categories: Airtel, Brizz TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Social TV
Verimatrix chosen to secure central India's first digital cable service
Sep 13, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that UCN Networks, in Central India, has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its new digital cable service.
News categories: Verimatrix, UCN Networks, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, India
- ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
- Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
- Ecuador adds 108,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
- Spain's rate of pay TV subscriber loss slows to 31,000 in 3Q 2013
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- 3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- ALi secure STB chipset receives NOCS certification from NAGRA