Philippines Digital TV News
Adoption of Internet-enabled TVs in the Philippines doubled within a year
Oct 3, 2012 — According to GfK, flat panel TV is the key product category driving growth of the consumer electronics sector in the Philippines with a 55 percent value growth registered in the first seven months of the year.
News categories: GfK, Market Research, Philippines, Smart TV
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 — SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, CommunicAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Asia Pacific to add 440 million digital TV homes
May 18, 2012 — According to a new report from Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 36% in 2011 to 83% in 2017 – or up by 440 million homes.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 — According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world’s largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Conax signs contract with Cablelink in the Philippines
Mar 21, 2012 — Conax has announced that it has signed a contract with cable operator, Cablelink, the 3rd largest MSO in the Philippines. Conax will deliver a Conax Contego™ Broadcast centralized security solution including chipset pairing and fingerprinting.
News categories: Conax, Cablelink, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Philippines
4.6 million IDTVs sold in South East Asia in first 8 months of 2011
Nov 4, 2011 — According to GfK Asia, nearly 4.6 million TVs with digital tuners were sold in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines in the first eight months of 2011.
News categories: GfK, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
Consumers in Southeast Asia Bought over 6.3 Million TV Sets in first half of 2011
Aug 8, 2011 — The TV market in Southeast Asia expanded in the first six months of 2011 compared to the same period last year. Sales of Smart TVs are increasing steadily with unit sales in quarter two growing by 20 percent over the previous quarter, according to GfK.
News categories: GfK, IFA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market