Philippines Digital TV News
Philippines adopts ISDB-T (again)
Nov 5, 2013 – The Philippines' National Telecommunications Commission has issued a circular formally adopting ISDB-T as the broadcasting standard for digital terrestrial television in the country.
News categories: National Telecommunications Commission, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Adoption of Internet-enabled TVs in the Philippines doubled within a year
Oct 3, 2012 – According to GfK, flat panel TV is the key product category driving growth of the consumer electronics sector in the Philippines with a 55 percent value growth registered in the first seven months of the year.
News categories: GfK, Market Research, Philippines, Smart TV
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 – The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, CommunicAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Asia Pacific to add 440 million digital TV homes
May 18, 2012 – According to a new report from Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 36% in 2011 to 83% in 2017 - or up by 440 million homes.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 – According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world's largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Conax signs contract with Cablelink in the Philippines
Mar 21, 2012 – Conax has announced that it has signed a contract with cable operator, Cablelink, the 3rd largest MSO in the Philippines. Conax will deliver a Conax Contego™ Broadcast centralized security solution including chipset pairing and fingerprinting.
News categories: Conax, Cablelink, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Philippines
4.6 million IDTVs sold in South East Asia in first 8 months of 2011
Nov 4, 2011 – According to GfK Asia, nearly 4.6 million TVs with digital tuners were sold in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines in the first eight months of 2011.
News categories: GfK, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million