Korea Digital TV News
SK broadband launches Android IPTV STB from KAON
Nov 13, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it has provided Android set-top boxes, with the latest Google services for TV, to SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) - the world’s first commercial launch of IPTV with the latest Android OS (Jellybean 4.2).
News categories: KAONMEDIA, SK broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
LG Uplus adds 118,000 IPTV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Oct 28, 2013 – LG Uplus Corp. (KRX: 032640) has announced the release of its 2013 3Q Earnings Material. At the end of the quarter the company had 1.439 million IPTV subscribers, adding 118 thousand in the quarter, and 459 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
KT IPTV subscribers reach 4.7 million in 3Q 2013
Oct 16, 2013 – KT Corporation (KRX:030200/NYSE:KT) has released its September 2013 factsheet. olleh tv IPTV subscribers reached 4.713 million at the end of the third quarter, up 237,000 in the quarter and up 931,000 versus September 2012.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
SK broadband ends 3Q 2013 with 1.9 million IPTV subscribers
Oct 1, 2013 – SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has released subscriber figures to the end of September 2013. The company ended the quarter with 1.9 million subscribers to its ‘B tv’ IPTV service, up from 1.3 million at the same point in 2012.
News categories: SK broadband, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
KAON to launch Android STB with major Korean operator in 3Q 2013
Sep 9, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it will launch an Android Set-Top Box with the latest Google services for TV to a major TV operator of Korea in 3Q 2013. The Android 4.2 box will be demonstrated in the KAON booth at IBC2013.
News categories: KAON, IBCShow, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
KT passes 4 million IPTV subscriber mark in 4Q 2012
Feb 1, 2013 – KT Corporation (KRX:030200/NYSE:KT) has released its 4th Quarter 2012 results. olleh tv IPTV subscribers reached 4.030 million at the end of the year, up 247,000 in the quarter and 954,000 versus the end of 2011.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
LG Uplus ends 2012 with 1.05 million IPTV subscribers
Jan 11, 2013 – According to its December 2012 Factsheet, LG Uplus (KRX: 032640) had 1.054 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2012. The company added 74,000 subscribers in the final quarter of 2012.
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018