Korea Digital TV News
KT passes 4 million IPTV subscriber mark in 4Q 2012
Feb 1, 2013 – KT Corporation (KRX:030200/NYSE:KT) has released its 4th Quarter 2012 results. olleh tv IPTV subscribers reached 4.030 million at the end of the year, up 247,000 in the quarter and 954,000 versus the end of 2011.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
LG Uplus ends 2012 with 1.05 million IPTV subscribers
Jan 11, 2013 – According to its December 2012 Factsheet, LG Uplus (KRX: 032640) had 1.054 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2012. The company added 74,000 subscribers in the final quarter of 2012.
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
Broadcom Powers World's First Android 4.0 Set-top Box with Google Mobile Services
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the successful integration of Google Mobile Services with Android ICS on the Samsung Electronics SMT-E5015 Smart TV set-top box (STB), based on the Broadcom® BCM7356 satellite STB system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Broadcom, Samsung, Olleh TV, CES, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SK broadband ends 2012 with 1.4 million IPTV subscribers in Korea
Jan 4, 2013 – SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has released subscriber figures to the end of December 2012. The company ended 2012 with 1.4 million subscribers to its 'B tv' IPTV service, up from 883,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SK broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
LG U+ Deploys Envivio Encoders for First Google TV Service in Korea
Nov 28, 2012 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that LG U+ has deployed Envivio encoding solutions to power its new LG u+tv G multi-screen service, the first service offering in South Korea to support Google TV.
News categories: Envivio, Uplus, Google TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Korea, TV Everywhere
One million IPTV subscribers for LG Uplus in Korea
Nov 15, 2012 – According to LG U+'s October 2012 Wireline Factsheet, the number of subscribers to LG's Uplus IPTV service passed the one million mark in October. The October 2012 figure represents a growth of 20.9% over the 828 thousand number reported for October 2011.
News categories: Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
IPTV subscribers hit 6 million in Korea
Nov 8, 2012 – According to the Korea Digital Media Industry Association there are now more than 6 million IPTV subscribers in South Korea. The milestone comes less than four years after commercial services were launched at the beginning of 2009.
News categories: Korea Digital Media Industry Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
15 million new IPTV subscribers added globally over the past year
Oct 16, 2012 – According to the latest figures published by the Broadband Forum, and prepared by broadband industry analysts Point Topic, globally 15.9 million IPTV subscribers were added over the last 12 months, and 3.57 million over the last quarter.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, USA
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013