Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year â€“ making TalkTalk TV the UKâ€™s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
May 15, 2013 — Rapid conversion means that the number of digital homes in Eastern Europe will nearly double between 2012 and 2018, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Eastern Europe report estimates that 13 million digital TV homes will be added in 2013 alone.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
May 10, 2013 — BT (BT.L) has announced results for its fourth quarter and year to 31 March 2013. BT added 40,000 subscribers to its BT Vision hybrid IPTV/DTT service in the UK to take the total to 810,000 at the end of the period.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Technicolor selects MaxLinear chip for hybrid satellite/ISDB-T set-top box
May 8, 2013 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has selected its MxL683 for a new hybrid satellite / terrestrial (ISDB-T) high-definition (HD) set-top box (STB) for the Latin America market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Technicolor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
North America to continue to add pay TV subs
May 1, 2013 — Despite all of the talk about cord-cutting, a new report from Digital TV Research states that the number of pay TV subscribers in North America will continue to increase â€“ albeit at a slow rate. However, the report states that pay TV penetration will remain flat.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
T-Home and MinDig TV Extra gaining market share in Hungary
Apr 26, 2013 — According to the data released by Hungary's Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in March 2013 the number of households with digital television subscriptions at the country's largest broadcasters was 1,895,200, up from 1,863,293 in March 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Subscribers, Terrestrial
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 — According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- PathÃ© partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013