ISDB-T (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting – Terrestrial / 13-Seg / Full-Seg) News
Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
Dec 3, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Latin American STB manufacturers are engaging in the production of a turn-key solution based on Sigma's SoC for hybrid set top boxes for Argentina and other countries using ISDB-T.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mach Electronics, Argentina, CES, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Philippines adopts ISDB-T (again)
Nov 5, 2013 – The Philippines' National Telecommunications Commission has issued a circular formally adopting ISDB-T as the broadcasting standard for digital terrestrial television in the country.
News categories: National Telecommunications Commission, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Honduras adopts ISDB-T for DTT
Sep 27, 2013 – The government of Honduras has announced the adoption of ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial television. In 2007, Honduras opted for the ATSC system, but has now changed its policy to favour the Japanese-Brazilian standard.
News categories: Digital TV, Honduras, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
DTT boom extends beyond Europe
Jul 24, 2013 – The number of homes receiving DTT signals will more than double between 2013 and 2018 to reach 553 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report expects the number of primary DTT homes to also double over the same period to 380 million in 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, ATSC, Digital TV, DTMB, ISDB-T, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Kaon Media selects MaxLinear for Latin America hybrid satellite-terrestrial STB
Jul 9, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Kaon Media has selected its MxL683 silicon tuner-demodulator device for a new, hybrid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite + terrestrial set-top box (STB) platform for the Latin America pay TV market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kaon, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
Jun 11, 2013 – Brazil has announced that it has updated its plan for analogue television shut down. The schedule will now begin in March 2015 and end in 2018. The original plan was that the shutdown of the analogue service and the migration to fully digital would occur in 2016.
News categories: Ministério das Comunicações, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Guatemala adopts ISDB-T for DTT
Jun 5, 2013 – The Government of Guatemala has announced in its official gazette that it has adopted the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB-T system as its broadcasting standard for digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: Digital TV, Guatemala, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 selected for ST's ISDB-T STB reference design for Latin America
May 29, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 has been selected by STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) for the STiH207 reference design, a small form factor, cost-optimized set-top box (STB) design for Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)