Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
Chips&Media announces HEVC video decoder IP
Apr 25, 2013 — Chips&Media has introduced the industry’s first hardware HEVC decoder IP core supporting up to Ultra HD resolution. Chips&Media’s WAVE410 HEVC decoder targets a range of evices that are capable of 4K video playback from smartphones to UHDTV/UHD set-top boxes.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Allegro DVT Showcases HEVC/H.265 Video Decoder IP at MWC13
Feb 25, 2013 — At the Mobile World Congress, Allegro DVT will present on its booth its HEVC/H.265 Hardware Decoding IP, H.264 Hardware Encoding & Codec IPs, WiGig WDE Codec IP, and HEVC/H.265 Compliance Streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 — ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Bwave and Ubiso to demonstrate licensable DVB-T2 demodulation IP at MWC 2013
Feb 15, 2013 — Tensilica has announced that Bwave and Ubiso will demonstrate the world's first licensable multi-standard DVB-T2 demodulation IP subsystem for digital televisions (DTV) based on Tensilica's ConnX BBE16 DSP at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Tensilica, Ubiso, Bwave, DVB-T2, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Tensilica Unveils IVP Imaging/Video DSP IP Core
Feb 12, 2013 — Tensilica has introduced IVP, an imaging and video dataplane processor (DPU) suitable for the complex image/video signal processing functions found in mobile handsets, tablets, digital televisions, automotive, video games and computer vision based applications.
News categories: Tensilica, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ALi Integrates Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Jan 9, 2013 — Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and ALi Corp. (3041 TT) have announced that ALi has completed integration of the CRI CryptoFirewall™ security technology into its STB SoC products. The CryptoFirewall core will be available in ALi chipsets beginning in 2013.
News categories: Cryptography Research, ALi Corp, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
INSIDE Secure Provides Security Solutions for STB Chip Maker Telechips
Jan 7, 2013 — INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that Telechips is integrating a host of INSIDE Secure security solutions into its new family of set-top box processor chips to help ensure secure boot up and end-to-end content protection.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Allegro DVT Showcases the First HEVC Video Hardware Decoder IP at CES 2013
Jan 4, 2013 — Allegro DVT has announced that at CES 2013 it will present its HEVC Video Hardware Decoding IP, the world-first HEVC hardware decoder IP. The IP supports any resolution up to 4K, and is optimized in terms of silicon area, power consumption and memory bandwidth.
News categories: Allegro DVT, CES, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results