Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
Nov 26, 2013 – Creonic has announced today two new IP cores for satellite communication. The IP cores are a DVB-S2 demodulator as well as a DVB-CID (Carrier ID) modulator.
News categories: Creonic, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Renesas announces HEVC/H.265 video codec hardware IP licensing
Oct 29, 2013 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the development of video codec intellectual property (IP) technology supporting the latest video encoding standard. Sales of the new IP will start in November of this year.
News categories: Renesas, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ARM and eyeSight bring gesture recognition to ARM Mali GPUs
Oct 14, 2013 – eyeSight has announced that it has completed extensive work in partnership with ARM to optimize its leading gesture recognition solution for use on ARM’s Mali T600 Graphics Processing Units.
News categories: eyeSight, ARM, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Transcoding technology from STMicroelectronics connects digital homes to everything, everywhere, all the time
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced a transcoding engine that enables a home gateway to distribute any type of content to any type of connected device in the home. The engine is set to become an integral part of all ST's Home Gateway solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IBCShow, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
MediaTek licenses Trustonic Trusted Execution Environment
Jul 30, 2013 – MediaTek and Trustonic have announced a strategic partnership to embed the Trustonic Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), <t™-base, into MediaTek system-on-chip (SoC) solutions to enable secure apps for smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, MediaTek, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
AltoBeam and UMC demonstrate DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator
Jul 30, 2013 – AltoBeam and UMC (NYSE:UMC)(TWSE:2303) have announced the release of AltoBeam's DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator. The ATBM7812 utilizes UMC's proprietary URAM embedded memory technology on 300mm wafers to enable higher performance and smaller chip size.
News categories: AltoBeam, UMC, Cable TV, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DDD and Samsung renew 3D video processing chip technology license agreement
Jul 25, 2013 – DDD Group (AIM: DDD; OTCQX: DDDGY) has renewed its license agreement with Samsung Electronics to include DDD's TriDef™ 2D to 3D technologies with Samsung's 3D video processing chips that are used in Samsung Smart TVs and other Samsung 3D consumer products.
News categories: DDD, Samsung, 3D, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense