Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA
Jun 11, 2013 – GlobeCast and SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) have announced that they are providing services to Orange Romania for the launch of a satellite Direct-to-Home TV package this month. The package on ASTRA at 31.5°E will be broadcast using the DVB-S2 and MPEG4 technical standards.
News categories: SES S.A, GlobeCast, Orange, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Infrastructure, Romania, Satellite
SES to pioneer first Ultra HD transmission in HEVC at SES Industry Days
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that, together with partners Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM), it has pioneered the first Ultra HD transmission in the new HEVC standard live from an ASTRA satellite at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Harmonic Inc, Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Infrastructure, Satellite, Semiconductor
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, DVB-S2, Georgia, Infrastructure, Satellite
Inverto Debuts Eight-Channel SAT>IP Gateway Powered by MaxLinear and STMicroelectronics
Jan 7, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL584 eight-channel single-chip satellite receiver will power the next-generation AirScreen™ satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) gateway from Inverto Digital Labs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Inverto, STMicroelectronics, CES, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor
MaxLinear Launches MxL500 Family of Full-Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Receiver ICs
Oct 25, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL500 family of Full-Spectrum Capture (FSC™) tuner-demodulators for DVB-S/S2 satellite television systems, supporting between one and four RF inputs and up to eight DVB-S/S2 demodulator outputs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications Achieves CI+ Certification on IP4.tv Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that by working with IP4.tv GmbH the Company has successfully achieved Common Interface Plus (CI+) certification for IP4.tv's latest IP+DVB-S2 Hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Steering Board Approves Update Of DVB-S2 For Use With Wideband Transponders
Jul 11, 2012 – At the 71st meeting of the DVB Steering Board, approval was given for an update of the DVB-S2 standard for use with wideband transponders. The update will allow efficient use of wideband transponders which are now becoming available.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Verimatrix Chosen to Provide Revenue Security for Nepal's Only DTH Service
Jun 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Dish Media Network has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 system on its DVB-S2 network. Kathmandu-based Dish Media Network is Nepal's only satellite-based direct-to-home (DTH) service provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish Media Network, CommunicAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Nepal, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013