ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
Dec 4, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a Full HD media processor, the ARMADA® 1500 Plus system-on-chip (SoC), designed for smart video products based on Android JellyBean 4.2.2. Hisense is to use the SoC in TV Products supporting Google Services for Smart TVs.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, Digital TV, ICs, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Silicon Labs introduces world’s most advanced DVB demodulators for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Sep 23, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of universal DVB demodulators that support the latest worldwide DVB standards for cable, terrestrial and satellite reception, designed to simplify the design of video front-ends for IDTVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics introduces UltraHD and HEVC set-top box chips
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced two set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) families, codenamed 'Cannes' and 'Monaco', that include devices with UltraHD resolution (2160p) and HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video-decoding support.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom advances Direct Broadcast Satellite chips at IBC
Sep 12, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced two DBS systems-on-a-chip. Engineered with DVB-S2 technology and integrated Full Band Capture, the BCM4548 is for home gateways and BCM4562 is for headless SAT>IP applications.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBCShow, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces HEVC Ultra HD chipsets at IBC 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced chipsets that enable operators and OEMs to introduce Ultra HD subscriber hardware and content. The set-top box (STB) devices for satellite, cable and IP integrate support for the HEVC standard, H.265.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs to launch ARM-based chipset at IBC 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) is to launch its new chipset SMP8734 at IBC 2013. Combining a high performance ARM A9 CPU with an Imagination SGX GPU, the SMP8734 will enable a new level of user experience with minimal extra cost.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS announces world's first SoC with native support for 10-bit HEVC and Ultra HD 4K
Sep 11, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its most advanced SoC solution for video devices in the pay television and consumer electronics markets, the XCode 6400, supporting the latest video codecs and broadcast resolution standards.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Silicon Labs debuts Si21x7 TV tuner family
Aug 12, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of silicon TV tuners. The Si21x7 family includes five products optimized for hybrid analog/digital iDTVs, analog-only TVs, portable TVs, DVD and Blu-ray recorders, and terrestrial and cable STBs.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)