NABShow 2013: Conferences April 6-11 / Exhibits April 8-11: Las Vegas, NV
Verimatrix helps TiVi S.A. future proof its DVB-T2 service in Haiti
Apr 9, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced that TiVi S.A. has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to provide revenue security for its DVB terrestrial (DVB-T2), one-way network in Haiti.
News categories: Verimatrix, TiVi S.A, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Haiti, NABShow, Terrestrial
Civolution and Broadcom make Automatic Advertisement Recognition available for Set-top Boxes
Apr 9, 2013 — Civolution has announced the integration of its Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology with STB chipsets from Broadcom. ACR includes, for example, the automatic recognition of broadcast advertisements, thereby enabling companies to trigger synchronized and interactive calls-to-action on the TV screen.
News categories: Civolution, Broadcom, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 — MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
Digisoft.tv and Dune HD partner on stick set-top box
Apr 8, 2013 — Digisoft.tv and Dune HD have announced a new cost-effective consumer platform aimed at carriers and retailers. Based on the Dune HD Connect StickSTB™ the agreement encompasses distribution, systems integration, research and development and support.
News categories: Digisoft, Dune HD, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 — Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Infrastructure, NABShow
Rovi introduces HEVC-ready DivX Video Service
Apr 8, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced DivX Video Service™, an end-to-end video solution for high-quality multi-screen video delivery that is designed to integrate with and enhance TV Everywhere and over-the-top entertainment services.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DRM, Infrastructure, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
Verimatrix Helps NetUno Enhance Revenue Security and Extend Competitive Advantage
Apr 8, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced that Venezuelan telecommunications services operator NetUno has deployed on the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS) architecture to provide revenue security for its popular NetUno TV Digital broadcast service.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetUno, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Venezuela
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision