Infrastructure (headends, encoders, servers, …) News
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Ireland
Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
Dec 11, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Bouygues Telecom, the French telecommunications provider, has deployed Broadpeak’s BkE100 Live RTP retry servers to manage its IPTV service on Bbox Sensation premium set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadpeak, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
Dec 10, 2013 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Telekom Austria has launched its new direct2home (DTH) platform on Harmonic ProStream® 9100 with ACE® high-density stream processers and transcoders, SMD 9200 DVBS-S2 modulators, and NMX™ Digital Service Manager.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Telekom Austria, Austria, Infrastructure, Satellite
Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
Dec 10, 2013 – Rohde & Schwarz has been chosen to equip the TV network in the State of Qatar with DVB-T2 technology. Qatar Media Corporation (QMC), will be upgrading its broadcast network for the 2022 soccer world cup.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qatar Media Corp, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Qatar, Terrestrial
Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
Dec 10, 2013 – Australia has completed its switchover from analogue to digital-only television. The last of Australia's analogue free-to-air television signals have been switched off in Melbourne and communities in Remote Central and Eastern Australia.
News categories: Australia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
Dec 5, 2013 – Mongolia Digital Broadcasting (MNBC), working with systems integrator Digital Horizon, has launched Mongolia's first-ever DVB-T2 service, using headend systems from Thomson Video Networks.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Mongolia Digital Broadcasting, Digital Horizon, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Mongolia, Terrestrial
Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
Dec 2, 2013 – Sequans Communications (NYSE:SQNS) has announced that it is collaborating with Huawei to advance eMBMS technology. eMBMS, also known as LTE Broadcast, is a technology that reduces the cost of delivering high-bandwidth content over LTE networks.
News categories: Sequans, Huawei, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Semiconductor
SeaWell Networks delivers multiscreen services to Nemont.TV subscribers
Nov 19, 2013 – SeaWell Networks has announced that Nemont Telephone Cooperative has selected SeaWell's Spectrum™ Session Delivery Controller (Spectrum) to deliver live and on-demand local video content over a subscriber's broadband connection both on- and off-network.
News categories: SeaWell Networks, Nemont Telephone, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)