Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
Dec 11, 2013 – Microsoft has announced that since its launch more than 2 million consoles have been sold to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day - a record-setting pace for Xbox.
News categories: Xbox, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
Dec 11, 2013 – SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has released subscriber figures to the end of November 2013. SK broadband ended the month with over 2 million subscribers to its ‘B tv’ IPTV service, up from 1.9 million at the end of September.
News categories: SK broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
Dec 10, 2013 – Juniper Research has found that by 2017, annual revenues from mobile entertainment services will reach almost $75 billion. This substantial growth is primarily driven by the emergence of more sophisticated monetisation strategies.
News categories: Juniper Research, Apps, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
Dec 9, 2013 – Shipments of OTT-capable devices will rise 20 percent this year from 1.43 billion units in 2012, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). At 1.7 billion units, this equates to one out of every four people on the planet.
News categories: IHS Inc, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
Dec 9, 2013 – Telefónica, which has leveraged its Latin American operations in recent years to help compensate for poor performance in its economically-troubled domestic market, is struggling to keep up with the growth rates of rival operators in the region, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
Dec 6, 2013 – Research from Leichtman Research has found that 47% of TV households in the US have at least one Digital Video Recorder (DVR) -- an increase from 40% in 2010, and 23% in 2007.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, USA
Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
Dec 4, 2013 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $315.4 billion in 2013, a 5.2 percent increase from 2012 revenue of $299.9 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Market Research, Semiconductor
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)