USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
Dec 2, 2013 – The ATSC has elevated the A/105 'Interactive Services' system to Candidate Standard. A key element of the emerging ATSC 2.0 standard, A/105 is designed to enable the marriage of Internet-delivered and broadcast content.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Terrestrial, USA
IZON to unveil 3D TV without glasses at 2014 International CES
Nov 19, 2013 – IZON™ will debut its line of 3D LED televisions without glasses at the 2014 International CES. The company is anticipating the launch of its line of LED screens with 32", 47" and 55" glasses-free models by the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: IZON, 3D, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
DIRECTV Everywhere expands to more than 30 out-of-home streaming TV channels
Nov 19, 2013 – DIRECTV has announced that its DIRECTV Everywhere service is expanding to offer more than 30 live TV out-of-home (OOH) streaming channels. In addition, the company will deliver a lineup of 100 live TV in-home streaming channels.
News categories: DIRECTV, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
SeaWell Networks delivers multiscreen services to Nemont.TV subscribers
Nov 19, 2013 – SeaWell Networks has announced that Nemont Telephone Cooperative has selected SeaWell's Spectrum™ Session Delivery Controller (Spectrum) to deliver live and on-demand local video content over a subscriber's broadband connection both on- and off-network.
News categories: SeaWell Networks, Nemont Telephone, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, USA
Blue Ridge selects TiVo to deliver multiscreen viewing experience
Nov 19, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Blue Ridge Communications, a cable provider in eastern Pennsylvania, have announced that Blue Ridge has selected TiVo to provide its whole home television solution and user experience for its advanced TV offerings.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Blue Ridge, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, USA
Video is No 1 Activity on PC, Mobile and Tablet in U.S.
Nov 18, 2013 – GlobalWebIndex has launched its largest-ever report on US internet use. For the first time, it provides on-going tracking of the breakdown of specific digital behaviors by state, ethnicity and voting preference.
News categories: GlobalWebIndex, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Mediacom rolls out Pace media gateway with TiVo user interface
Nov 18, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that Mediacom Communications has chosen to deploy the Pace MG1 Multi-tuner Media Gateway with TiVo’s Advanced User Interface (UI) as its flagship platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Mediacom, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal