Apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, ..) News
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
Nov 21, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom has announced that an iPhone app for the portable version of its 'Entertain' IPTV service, 'Entertain to Go', is now available, with an Android version for smartphones and tablets scheduled for release in December.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Germany, IPTV, Multiscreen
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches Xfinity TV Go app
Nov 5, 2013 – Comcast has launched an update to its Xfinity TV Player App, now called Xfinity TV Go. The new Xfinity TV Go app enables customers to watch up to 35 television channels over the Internet on their Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Sky selects Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution
Oct 31, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Tata Sky has deployed the Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution, a thin-client user interface application that enables new multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Tata Sky, Apps, Digital TV, India, Multiscreen, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Samsung releases new SDKs for smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs
Oct 28, 2013 – Samsung has released five new and improved software development kits (SDKs) for creating consumer and enterprise apps on its smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs at the Samsung Developers Conference (#SDC13).
News categories: Samsung, Apps, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
AT&T launches U-verse app for Android tablets
Oct 21, 2013 – AT&T (NYSE:T) U-verse® has expanded its live TV offering to include Android devices and Uverse.com, enabling even more customers to enjoy live TV on the go. Earlier this month the company announced more than 100 live TV channels had been added to the U-verse App.
News categories: AT&T, Apps, IPTV, Tablet, USA
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal