Apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, ..) News
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
TWC TV iOS app adds access to programming out of home
Apr 16, 2013 — Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) has announced that it will launch select Video On Demand and live programming outside the home on the new update to its TWC TV app for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod iTouch. The programming is accessible over any WiFi connection.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 — According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Nearly 80% of U.S. Smart TV owners are regular app users
Apr 4, 2013 — New industry research from Parks Associates shows app developers are targeting the smart TV platform as the next significant growth area as nearly 80% of smart-TV owners regularly use apps.
News categories: Parks Associates, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Cogeco Cable Launches Rovi Applications for Remote Access to TV Services
Apr 2, 2013 — COGECO Cable (TSX:CCA) and Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) have announced the launch of two interactive applications, Cogeco Remote Recorder powered by Rovi TV Listings and TotalGuide xD, that will provide Cogeco's subscribers with access to the TV schedules on their set-top PVR from web-enabled devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Cogeco, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Personal Video Recorder
Changhong Integrates Flingo Interactive TV Platform With Its Smart TVs
Mar 19, 2013 — Changhong has announced a partnership with Flingo to integrate Samba interactive TV platform into the Changhong line of Smart TVs. Samba identifies live TV shows, recommends related online videos, and aggregates real-time information including social media discussions about the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Changhong, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
Envivio and Vinson Selected by Belgian Broadcasters for Mobile TV Services
Mar 19, 2013 — Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced an integration with the new Vinson mobile TV solution, and deployment of the joint solution for three broadcasters (VRT, VMMa and SBS) in Belgium.
News categories: Envivio, Vinson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mobile
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market