Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
May 15, 2013 — A new report from Juniper Research has found that by 2017, 2 billion mobile and tablet users will watch TV and video on their devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Adobe Reports U.S. Mobile Video Views Up 300% in 2012
Apr 10, 2013 — At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference, Adobe Systems (Nasdaq: ADBE) released a broad set of industry data and insights about online video and ad consumption. The report shows that TV Everywhere adoption increased 12-fold in 2012 in the U.S.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 — According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 — Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Antix Labs and Broadcom Collaborate On Anytime, Anywhere HD Game Service
Mar 19, 2013 — Antix Labs has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Antix, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision