Tablet / PMP (Portable Media Player) News
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Video is No 1 Activity on PC, Mobile and Tablet in U.S.
Nov 18, 2013 – GlobalWebIndex has launched its largest-ever report on US internet use. For the first time, it provides on-going tracking of the breakdown of specific digital behaviors by state, ethnicity and voting preference.
News categories: GlobalWebIndex, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches Xfinity TV Go app
Nov 5, 2013 – Comcast has launched an update to its Xfinity TV Player App, now called Xfinity TV Go. The new Xfinity TV Go app enables customers to watch up to 35 television channels over the Internet on their Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Sky selects Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution
Oct 31, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Tata Sky has deployed the Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution, a thin-client user interface application that enables new multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Tata Sky, Apps, Digital TV, India, Multiscreen, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
TEO launches 'Interneto.tv' in Lithuania
Oct 29, 2013 – Lithuania's TEO LT has created an internet TV service for smart devices – 'Interneto.tv'. From now on it will be possible to watch TV on a PC, smartphone or tablet anywhere in Lithuania where an internet connection is available.
News categories: TEO LT, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Samsung releases new SDKs for smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs
Oct 28, 2013 – Samsung has released five new and improved software development kits (SDKs) for creating consumer and enterprise apps on its smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs at the Samsung Developers Conference (#SDC13).
News categories: Samsung, Apps, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Orange Spain to launch TV Everywhere with Viaccess-Orca
Oct 22, 2013 – Viaccess-Orca has announced today that Orange Spain will use the company’s TV Everywhere (TVE) technologies to deliver over-the-top (OTT) content as a key ingredient for the multiscreen service it launched at the end of September.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Smartphone, Spain, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal