Ireland Digital TV News
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Ireland
eircom's eVision TV launches with Netgem STBs
Oct 17, 2013 – Netgem has announced that Ireland's eircom has started rolling out its new eVision TV service based on Netgem's technologies. The service is delivered via Netgem's 7700 series STB and its mediacenter 8000 PVR series allowing eircom to offer both main room and multiroom options.
News categories: Netgem, eircom, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
BSkyB results for the three months ended 30 September 2013
Oct 17, 2013 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released unaudited results for the three months ended 30 September 2013. Sky added 37,000 net new TV customers and 107,000 new customers to HD. A record 642,000 customers connected their Sky+HD boxes to broadband in the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Multiscreen, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
eircom Launches eVision
Oct 16, 2013 – eVision, eircom’s new TV service, has been introduced to the Irish market offering a range of the most popular channels. eVision comes with a free eVision+ set-top box and includes features such as the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
News categories: eircom, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Roku introduces all-new family of streaming players
Sep 25, 2013 – Roku® has announced a new family of streaming players. The Roku LT player will be available in the U.S. while the Roku 1 and Roku 2 players will be available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland.
News categories: Roku, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Horizon set-top box launches at UPC Ireland
Aug 12, 2013 – UPC has launched its Horizon TV service for the Irish market. Horizon TV provides HD channels as standard, recording for 4 shows at once, programme suggestions, TV to any screen & 100Mbps broadband via the new Horizon set top box.
News categories: UPC Ireland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Ireland, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
BSkyB results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC (LSE:BSY) has released unaudited results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2013. Sky added another 117,000 HD customers and 122,000 Sky Go Extra customers in the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013
May 2, 2013 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013. Sky added 108,000 HD customers, 9,000 multiroom and 44,000 paying customers to its new mobile TV service Sky Go Extra durung the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)