Slovakia Digital TV News
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
UPC DTH offers NEOTION CI+ 1.3 conditional access module
Sep 11, 2013 – Neotion has announced that it is making available to UPC DTH customers, through local distributors in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia, the first Conditional Access Module CI+ 1.3 that includes changeable personal profiles.
News categories: Neotion, UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart card / CAM
NEOTION introduces Plustelka CI Plus 1.3 CAM in Slovakia
Aug 20, 2013 – NEOTION has announced that it has launched a Cardless CAM for Pay DTT service Plustelka in Slovakia. The offer will be broadcast on four nation-wide multiplexes: MUX1, MUX2, MUX3 with 10 free-to-air channels, and MUX4 with 12 pay TV channels for 5.99 Euros a month.
News categories: NEOTION, Plustelka, Digital TV, Slovakia, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Verimatrix chosen to secure Slovak Telekom multiscreen service
Jun 3, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Slovak Telekom has chosen Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV to protect its new Magio GO over-the-top (OTT) multi-screen services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Slovak Telekom, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovakia, TV Everywhere
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
700,000 subscribers at UPC DTH
Dec 17, 2012 – UPC DTH has announced that its customer base has reached 700,000. Since UPC separated its satellite business from its cable operations in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, UPC DTH has managed to grow its subscriber base more than 10% annually.
News categories: UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Hungary, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Orange Slovakia extends services with Interactive TV and Mobile Apps
Oct 18, 2012 – nangu.TV has announced that Orange Slovensko is using its nangu.TV Media Platform for IPTV and OTT delivery. nangu.TV worked in cooperation with iP4.tv on the development of hybrid STBs, specifically for the Orange implementation.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange, Apps, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal