Slovakia Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
700,000 subscribers at UPC DTH
Dec 17, 2012 — UPC DTH has announced that its customer base has reached 700,000. Since UPC separated its satellite business from its cable operations in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, UPC DTH has managed to grow its subscriber base more than 10% annually.
News categories: UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Hungary, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Orange Slovakia extends services with Interactive TV and Mobile Apps
Oct 18, 2012 — nangu.TV has announced that Orange Slovensko is using its nangu.TV Media Platform for IPTV and OTT delivery. nangu.TV worked in cooperation with iP4.tv on the development of hybrid STBs, specifically for the Orange implementation.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange, Apps, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
CME Goes Over The Top with Alticast Throughout Central & Eastern Europe
Sep 6, 2012 — Alticast has announced that CME (Central European Media Enterprises) has chosen Alticast solutions to power new services such as OTT, DVB-T+OTT hybrid in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
News categories: Alticast, CME, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Aug 2, 2012 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. Video subscriber losses were 83,000 and 169,000 for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
May 10, 2012 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2012. Liberty Global expects commercial deployment of its Horizon platform to begin in Q3 in the Netherlands, followed by Switzerland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Personal Video Recorder, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Only 20% to 30% of European connected TVs are actually online
May 7, 2012 — The European Commission has presented a report on the application of its Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD). The report says that although many of the TV sets sold in Europe are connectable, only 20% to 30 % are actually online.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results