Romania Digital TV News
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Romania's iNES launches mobile IPTV service
Jan 21, 2013 — Romanian telecommunications company, iNES, has announced iNES MobileTV, a package of TV channels broadcast live through an internet connection to smartphones and tablets. The multiscreen service is free of charge to iNES IPTV clients.
News categories: iNES Group, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Romania, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Romanian digital cable take-up on the rise
Dec 4, 2012 — According to preliminary data from Romania's Communications Authority (ANCOM) there were 3.3 million digital TV subscribers in the country at the end of June 2012, up 16% compared to 30 June 2011.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
CME Goes Over The Top with Alticast Throughout Central & Eastern Europe
Sep 6, 2012 — Alticast has announced that CME (Central European Media Enterprises) has chosen Alticast solutions to power new services such as OTT, DVB-T+OTT hybrid in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
News categories: Alticast, CME, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Aug 2, 2012 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. Video subscriber losses were 83,000 and 169,000 for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Number of digital cable subscribers in Romania doubled in 2011
May 22, 2012 — ANCOM has published its half-yearly report on the Romanian electronic communications market for the second half of 2011. The total number of pay TV subscribers was 5.85 million at the end of 2011, up 2% compared with the end of 2010.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results