Hungary Digital TV News
Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
Dec 12, 2013 – Magyar Telekom has announced that it has acquired a total of 9 cable networks in Hungary during 2013. The transactions are intended to strengthen Magyar Telekom’s high speed internet coverage and market position.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, M&A
UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
Dec 10, 2013 – UUX has announced that it has provided its Internet TV as-a-Service platform to Telenor Hungary. The solution enables Telenor's MyTV service which includes live TV, catch-up TV and VOD, and can be accessed on all connected devices and screens.
News categories: UUX, Telenor, Digital TV, Hungary, Multiscreen, OTT
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Hungary completes digital TV switchover
Oct 31, 2013 – At 12.30 on Thursday, 31 October 2013, terrestrial analogue television broadcasting came to a close in the entire area of Hungary, bringing the process of digital switchover to a conclusion.
News categories: NMHH, Digital TV, Hungary, Terrestrial
Hungary adds 55,000 digital TV subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – According to the latest report from Hungary's Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2013 the number of households with digital television from the country's largest broadcasters was 1,949,845, up from 1,836,428 in December 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Verimatrix to secure Magyar Telekom multiscreen and OTT video initiatives
Jun 5, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System VCAS™ for Internet TV to provide revenue security for its new over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Magyar Telekom, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite, TV Everywhere
100,000 subscribers for Antenna Hungária's MinDig TV Extra
May 29, 2013 – Antenna Hungária has reported that the number of users of its free-to-air MinDig TV service has exceeded 350 thousand, while the number of subscribers to its MinDig TV Extra pay-TV offering has reached a new milestone of one hundred thousand.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Hungary, Subscribers, Terrestrial
T-Home and MinDig TV Extra gaining market share in Hungary
Apr 26, 2013 – According to the data released by Hungary's Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in March 2013 the number of households with digital television subscriptions at the country's largest broadcasters was 1,895,200, up from 1,863,293 in March 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)