Hungary Digital TV News
T-Home and MinDig TV Extra gaining market share in Hungary
Apr 26, 2013 — According to the data released by Hungary's Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in March 2013 the number of households with digital television subscriptions at the country's largest broadcasters was 1,895,200, up from 1,863,293 in March 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Subscribers, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
MinDig TV users in Hungary grow 134,000 to 350,000 in 2012
Feb 20, 2013 — The number of users of Antenna Hungária's MinDig TV free-to-air digital terrestrial TV service in Hungary grew by nearly 134 thousand in 2012, based on survey results from Ipsos.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Hungary, Market Research, Terrestrial
Hungary adds 178,000 digital TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 18, 2013 — According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in December 2012 the number of households with digital TV subscriptions for the country's largest broadcasters was 1,836,428, up from 1,657,977 in December 2011.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
700,000 subscribers at UPC DTH
Dec 17, 2012 — UPC DTH has announced that its customer base has reached 700,000. Since UPC separated its satellite business from its cable operations in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, UPC DTH has managed to grow its subscriber base more than 10% annually.
News categories: UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Hungary, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
End-October start for switch-off of analogue broadcasting in Hungary
Oct 3, 2012 — Antenna Hungária will turn off the analogue M1 repeater transmitter in Barcs on October 31, 2012, thus beginning the switch off process for the analogue terrestrial television network in Hungary.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, MinDig TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Infrastructure, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps