Croatia Digital TV News
Vipnet offers digital satellite television in Croatia
May 2, 2013 — After acquiring in March of this year one hundred percent ownership in the company Digi TV, one of the first digital television service providers in the Croatian market, Vipnet has gone a step further and is offering its customers another service - Vip SAT TV.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite
T-Hrvatski Telekom TV subscribers up 7% Y-o-Y at end-March 2013
Apr 30, 2013 — Croatian telecommunications provider, T-Hrvatski Telekom (Reuters:THTC.L, HT.ZA; Bloomberg:THTC LI, HTRA CZ), has announced results for the three months to 31 March 2013. At the end of March, TV subscribers totalled 347,908, up 7.0% from the same period in 2012.
News categories: T-Hrvatski Telekom, Cable TV, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Croatia's evotv reaches 10,000 subscribers in first few weeks
Apr 8, 2013 — evotv, the digital terrestrial pay TV service from Croatian Post, has announced that it has reached 10,000 subscribers, only one and a half months after launch. The service uses DVB-T2 for transmission with coverage extending to 80% of Croatia's population.
News categories: evotv, Croatia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 — Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, M&A, Satellite
Satellite subscribers grow 25% in Croatia in 2012
Mar 1, 2013 — The Croatian Post and Electronic Communications Agency (HAKOM) has reported market data for the end of the fourth quarter of 2012. Satellite TV was the fastest growing segment of the television market with subscriptions growing by 25% over the year. IPTV remains the leading pay TV technology with more than 360,000 subscribers.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Satellite TV subscribers in Croatia pass the 100,000 mark
Dec 4, 2012 — HAKOM has reported communications market data for Croatia for the end of Q3 2012. Satellite TV is the fastest growing segment of the TV market with subscriptions up nearly 21 percent since the end of Q3 2011, to over 100,000.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
CME Goes Over The Top with Alticast Throughout Central & Eastern Europe
Sep 6, 2012 — Alticast has announced that CME (Central European Media Enterprises) has chosen Alticast solutions to power new services such as OTT, DVB-T+OTT hybrid in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
News categories: Alticast, CME, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results