Croatia Digital TV News
Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
Dec 16, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Croatian Telecom has deployed its SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in Croatia.
News categories: SmarDTV, Hrvatski Telekom, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
T-Hrvatski Telekom TV subscribers up 9.9% YoY at end-3Q 2013
Oct 30, 2013 – T-Hrvatski Telekom (Reuters: THTC.L, HT.ZA; Bloomberg: THTC LI, HTRA CZ) has announced results for the nine months to 30 September 2013. At the end of September, customers numbered 361,748, up 9.9% over the same period in 2012.
News categories: T-Hrvatski Telekom, Cable TV, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite
Satellite TV up 21% year-on-year in Croatia in 2Q 2013
Sep 25, 2013 – The Croatian Post and Electronic Communications Agency (HAKOM) has reported market data for the country for the end of the second quarter of 2013. Satellite TV was the fastest growing established segment whilst IPTV remains as the leading pay TV platform.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Satellite
Neotion DVB-T2 CAM for EvoTV in Croatia
Jul 22, 2013 – NEOTION has developed a cardless solution for evoTV, Croatian Post's digital terrestrial pay TV service. The CAM is to be bundled with DVB-T2 TV-sets - specially designed by Grundig for the evoTV offer.
News categories: NEOTION, evoTV, Grundig, Croatia, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Pay DTT in Croatia reaches 10,000 subscribers in 1st quarter after launch
May 31, 2013 – The Croatian Post and Electronic Communications Agency (HAKOM) has reported market data for the end of the first quarter of 2013. The newly launched 'evotv' pay DTT service had more than 10,000 subscribers at the end of March.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Vipnet offers digital satellite television in Croatia
May 2, 2013 – After acquiring in March of this year one hundred percent ownership in the company Digi TV, one of the first digital television service providers in the Croatian market, Vipnet has gone a step further and is offering its customers another service - Vip SAT TV.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite
T-Hrvatski Telekom TV subscribers up 7% Y-o-Y at end-March 2013
Apr 30, 2013 – Croatian telecommunications provider, T-Hrvatski Telekom (Reuters:THTC.L, HT.ZA; Bloomberg:THTC LI, HTRA CZ), has announced results for the three months to 31 March 2013. At the end of March, TV subscribers totalled 347,908, up 7.0% from the same period in 2012.
News categories: T-Hrvatski Telekom, Cable TV, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
- Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
- Ecuador adds 108,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
- Spain's rate of pay TV subscriber loss slows to 31,000 in 3Q 2013
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- 3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- ALi secure STB chipset receives NOCS certification from NAGRA