United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platformThursday, June 16th, 2022
United Group to consolidate all “Direct To Home” services under one platform
- A single platform for an audience of 40 million people
- A unified pathway for introducing new and innovative services for TV subscribers
United Group, the leading provider of telecommunications and media services in Southeast Europe, initiates steps to consolidate its DTH services across the region into a single platform by sending an RFI to a select group of satellite operators for satellite capacity to support its plans.
United Group operates three DTH services through NOVA, Total TV, and VIVACOM brand names in 8 countries (Greece, Bulgaria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia) reaching out to an audience of 40 million people.
The move will allow the Group to take advantage of new transmission standards and compression technologies to maximise the efficiency of its operation. At the same time, it will enable the introduction of new, increased quality and innovative services for TV subscribers well into the future.
The current configuration of United Group’s DTH operations includes multiple satellite operators, multi-orbital positions, older compression technology, and an amalgam of receiving antennas of varying sizes. The consolidation and reorganisation of the Group’s DTH services will involve the selection of a single satellite orbital position, a unified STB and CAS, a one-size TVRO, and a unique Teleport to uplink the content.
Srdjan Djurdjevic CEO of United Cloud – the innovation centre of United Group- stated that “consolidating all TV services in a single platform, is much more than a business decision. It is further proof of our commitment to continue evolving next generation services, through next generation satellite possibilities”.
Links: United Group
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store