Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
Jul 15, 2019 – AirTV has introduced a 4K HDR compatible streaming stick, powered by Android TV. The device integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels into a single user experience, creating a whole-home streaming solution when paired with an OTA antenna and an AirTV Wi-Fi-enabled network tuner.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
Jul 12, 2019 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market is expected to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023, reaching 230 million subscribers at the end of the period. The growth will be driven by IPTV and OTT.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Enhanced TV experience rolled out at GO TV in Malta
Jul 5, 2019 – GO has kicked off the first phase of a TV migration exercise which will see customers wake up to an enhanced TV user experience. Enhancement starts with a new TV home screen featuring a more user-friendly layout which is predominantly image driven.
News categories: GO p.l.c, Nikhil Patil, Chris Attard, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UX
UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
Jun 17, 2019 – Mawarid Electronics offers internet and voice services to customers in Saudi Arabia. With UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics aims to offer full triple play services to their customers, as we well as to other service providers in the region.
News categories: UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics, Darko Robič, www.mel.sa/, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
Croatia TV market at end-1Q 2019
Jun 10, 2019 – The Croatian Regulatory Authority for Network Industries (HAKOM) has reported communications market data for the country to the end of the first quarter of 2019. IPTV remains the leading pay TV platform with over 428,000 subscribers.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Italy consults on voucher scheme for transition to DVB-T2
Jun 6, 2019 – Italy's Ministry of Economic Development (MiSE) has begun a public consultation on its proposal to offer a subsidy to citizens to enable the purchase of equipment suitable for DVB-T2 digital terrestrial TV reception.
News categories: Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019