Portugal Digital TV News
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
Altice Portugal deploys EPG correction from Media Distillery
Oct 18, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Altice Portugal has gone live with EPG Correction Distillery to improve user experiences for subscribers to its MEO IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Media Distillery, Altice Portugal, Roland Sars, José Pedro Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, UX
Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
Sep 30, 2022 – Vodafone Portugal has entered into an agreement with Llorca JVCO, shareholder of Másmóvil Ibercom, for the purchase of Cabonitel, owner of Nowo Communications, subject to the necessary regulatory approval.
News categories: Vodafone Portugal, Nowo Communications, Mário Vaz, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Portugal
Media Distillery EPG correction deployed by Vodafone Portugal
Aug 25, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Vodafone Portugal has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. EPG Correction Distillery ensures real-time accurate start times for the most popular channels on the Vodafone IPTV/OTT service.
News categories: Media Distillery, Vodafone, Roland Sars, Digital TV, IBC2022, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
Jul 4, 2022 – According to Anacom, in the first quarter of 2022, 94.0% of households in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, up 0.4 percentage points from the same quarter of the previous year. The total number of subscribers was 4.4 million.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
Jun 29, 2022 – Velocix has announced that its content delivery network (CDN) and recording management (VRM) software has been deployed by MEO, a consumer brand of Altice Portugal, to expand its Apple TV and Android TV based video services
News categories: Velocix, MEO, Anthony Berkeley, Miguel Jardim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
May 15, 2022 – NOS has carried out the first international holographic transmission using 5G in Portugal. At the event, the director of 'Top Gun: Maverick' was transported as a hologram from London to Lisbon to take part in the press launch of the film in Portugal.
News categories: NOS, Jorge Graça, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Portugal, UK
NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 3, 2022 – NOS has releases results for the first quarter of 2022. Fixed access pay TV continued to grow with nine thousand net adds in 1Q22 more than offsetting the decline in lower revenue legacy DTH services.
News categories: NOS, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS