Portugal Digital TV News
Pay TV subscriptions in Portugal near 4 million at mid-2019
Sep 24, 2019 – According to Anacom, at the end of 1H 2019, there were around 4 million pay TV subscribers in Portugal, up 132,000 (+3.4%) over the same period of 2018. The growth was driven by fibre-based offerings, which were up 20.2%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
Jul 17, 2019 – Vodafone Portugal has launched an updated user experience for its Vodafone TV service. Among the new features are an intelligent search engine with natural language recognition and the use of artificial intelligence to show personalized recommendations in the UX.
News categories: Vodafone, António Margato, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
Fibre becomes leading way of accessing pay TV in Portugal
Nov 26, 2018 – According to Anacom, optical fibre (FTTH/B) became the principal means of accessing subscription television in Portugal in the first half of 2018, with 1.47 million subscribers, 38.2% of the total.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
NOS enhances user experience with Concurrent’s MediaScaleX
Sep 17, 2018 – Concurrent Technology (TSX: VCM) and NOS have announced an expanded partnership. As part of the agreement, NOS will deploy Concurrent’s MediaScaleX platform, enhancing user experiences for Cloud DVR and Live TV delivered via IP.
News categories: Concurrent Technology, NOS, Clay McCreery, José Pascoal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets