Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
Dec 6, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that Brazilian operator NxTV is using a targeted advertising solution from Broadpeak to monetize its new free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) channels.
News categories: Broadpeak, NxTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Sérgio Mancera, Advertising, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
Dec 6, 2023 – 1&1 has launched a video-on-demand service, 1&1 Cinema, with Zattoo and Rakuten TV, with Zattoo integrating Rakuten TV's TVoD into the Zattoo-developed white label TV platform of 1&1.
News categories: Zattoo, Rakuten TV, 1&1, Jörg Meyer, Jorge del Puerto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
Dec 6, 2023 – 3SS has announced that Tele Columbus has gone live with its new hybrid STB service PŸUR TV. The STB is delivering an advanced entertainment experience thanks to 3SS' 3Ready product platform.
News categories: 3SS, Tele Columbus, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Markus Oswald, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
Dec 4, 2023 – YMEDIA has introduced its AI Smart TV Network, aiming to make it easy for businesses to reach their target audience via 500,000 screens enabled by blockchain technology and 150 million smart TVs.
News categories: YMEDIA, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
Dec 4, 2023 – Barb has awarded three contracts for its audience measurement service: metadata and interim overnight programme logs to MetaBroadcast and interim overnight commercial spot logs to Clearcast.
News categories: Barb, MetaBroadcast, Clearcast, Caroline Baxter, Jamie Mackinlay, David Joel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
Nov 30, 2023 – FreeWheel and OrkaTV have partnered to provide advertisers working with FreeWheel with access to more than 3,500 FAST channels available through OrkaTV's streaming TV marketplace.
News categories: FreeWheel, OrkaTV, Emily Bromley, Mike Woods, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
Nov 29, 2023 – América Móvil [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] has announced that its subsidiary América Móvil B.V. has increased its shareholding in Telekom Austria AG to 58% of Telekom Austria's outstanding shares.
News categories: América Móvil, Telekom Austria, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, MandA
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond