Spain Digital TV News
UHD Spain tests end-to-end transmission of UHD-HDR and 5G
Oct 23, 2023 – UHD Spain has tested UHD-HDR broadcasting using 5G contributions, cloud mixing, multi-media broadcasting including 5G Broadcast, and the use of the public Internet network for signal transport.
News categories: UHD Spain, Xavier Redón, Emili Planas, Pere Vila, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
Orange offers live video streaming with mABR in Spain
Sep 21, 2023 – Orange, DAZN and Broadpeak have deployed a multicast ABR (mABR) solution that enables the delivery of live content for mass consumption in a multi-device environment with the highest quality.
News categories: Orange, DAZN, Broadpeak, Carlos Ruf, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
LaLiga launches FAST channel with the The Channel Store
Aug 18, 2023 – The Channel Store has announced a partnership with LaLiga to manage the distribution and monetization of LaLiga's FAST channel, LALIGA+, on major Spanish FAST channel platforms.
News categories: The Channel Store, LaLiga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
May 29, 2023 – Coinciding with regional and local elections, and thanks to technology from The Channel Store, EL PAIS began broadcasting daily live coverage of the elections on its FAST channel.
News categories: The Channel Store, El País, Fernando García Calvo, Carlos de Vega, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Telefónica and Síminn demonstrate 'TV roaming' using SVTA open caching
Apr 18, 2023 – Telefónica and Síminn have demonstrated the feasibility of applying the concept of 'TV Roaming' to the distribution of video services by interconnecting their CDNs using SVTA Open Caching.
News categories: Telefónica, Síminn, Broadpeak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, QoE, Spain, Streaming
Cellnex selects Synamedia for RTVE's broadcasting across Spain
Apr 12, 2023 – Cellnex will be deploying Synamedia's virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM) to enable RTVE to optimise bandwidth while enhancing image quality using vDCM's compression and processing.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellnex, RTVE, Meir Lehrer, Xavi Redon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
Mar 22, 2023 – Qwilt has reached an agreement with Telefónica to make Qwilt traffic available to customers that have access to Telefónica's CDN connectivity, enabling an improved experience for end-users in Spain.
News categories: Qwilt, Telefónica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
Mar 21, 2023 – SAPEC will lead the creation of the encoder that will allow the RTVE-UPM Cátedra to broadcast live 8K content over DVB-T2 in Spain - the first broadcast of its kind in the world.
News categories: SAPEC, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Worldwide
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023