MnA (M&A – Mergers and Acquisitions) News
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MnA, New Zealand, Satellite
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets
Oct 8, 2019 – Oregan Networks has announced the acquisition of the Zenterio AB assets, and assimilation of its engineering and delivery teams located in Sweden and Mexico. The purchase boosts Oregan’s ability to scale its multiscreen platform innovation and project delivery capabilities.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Sweden
CenturyLink acquires Streamroot
Sep 10, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has acquired Streamroot to improve video and static content delivery within bandwidth constrained areas. The acquisition represents another step in CenturyLink's commitment to innovation as a leader in CDN and Edge Compute services.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streamroot, Bill Wohnoutka, Pierre-Louis Theron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Verimatrix to sell Inside Secure silicon IP unit to Rambus
Sep 4, 2019 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that it has entered into an exclusivity agreement to sell its Silicon IP and Secure Protocols business unit to Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) for a transaction consideration of $65 million in cash.
News categories: Verimatrix, Rambus, Amedeo D'Angelo, Luc Seraphin, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MnA, Social TV, Worldwide
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Liberty Global Vodafone deal completed
Jul 31, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for approximately €19.0 billion on a U.S. GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, Vodafone, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Frankly to acquire Vemba to expand OTT video solutions
Jul 24, 2019 – Frankly (TSX VENTURE: TLK) has agreed to acquire Vemba. Vemba's platform, which simplifies the management, syndication, tracking and monetization of video assets, is complementary to Frankly's focus on live, linear video.
News categories: Frankly, Vemba, Lou Schwartz, Norbert Horvath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets