MandA (M&A – Mergers and Acquisitions) News
Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
Jul 27, 2021 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and EKT have agreed terms for the transfer of EKT's Athens based Advanced Media Group to OBS. The EKT team has more than a decade's experience in streaming video, media players and browser-based solutions.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, EKT, Paul Martin, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Set Top Box, Software, Worldwide
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 22, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, OTT, Satellite
United Group to buy majority stake in Optima Telekom
Jul 12, 2021 – United Group has reached a deal with Hrvatski Telekom and Zagrebacka Banka to acquire a majority stake in the Croatian operator Optima Telekom. Optima Telekom has 55,000 pay TV customers.
News categories: Telemach, Optima Telekom, United Group, Adrian Ježina, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Nielsen strengthens TV attribution, ad intelligence with TVTY acquisition
Jul 9, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has acquired TVTY, a TV attribution provider and ad monitoring company based in France. TVTY brings a wide range of outcomes capabilities that improve TV campaign execution.
News categories: Nielsen, TVTY, Sean Cohan, Eliott Reilhac, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Agile Content acquires Android specialist WeTek
Jul 7, 2021 – Agile Content has announced the acquisition of WeTek. The addition of WeTek's Android and device management capabilities will extend Agile's range of end-to-end services, and strengthen its market position in Portugal.
News categories: Agile Content, WeTek, Android TV, Digital TV, Hardware, MandA, Portugal, Worldwide
Magnite acquires CTV ad serving platform SpringServe
Jul 1, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has acquired SpringServe. SpringServe's technology manages multiple aspects of video advertising for CTV publishers such as inventory routing, customized ad experiences, and advanced podding logic.
News categories: Magnite, SpringServe, Michael Barrett, Joseph Hirsch, Christo Owen, Brian Hunt, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
Smart AdServer acquires CTV and video ad platform DynAdmic
Jul 1, 2021 – Smart AdServer has announced the acquisition of DynAdmic. DynAdmic's proprietary audio and video content recognition technology offers advertisers a unique cookie-free contextual targeting solution.
News categories: Smart AdServer, DynAdmic, Arnaud Creput, Stéphane Bonjean, Bruno Champion, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
WOW! sells five service areas in two separate transactions
Jul 1, 2021 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has announced that Atlantic Broadband (TSE: CCA) has agreed to acquire its Cleveland and Columbus service areas and Astound Broadband has agreed to acquire its Chicago, Evansville and Anne Arundel areas.
News categories: WOW!, Atlantic Broadband, Astound Broadband, Teresa Elder, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership