MandA (M&A – Mergers and Acquisitions) News
América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
Nov 29, 2023 – América Móvil [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] has announced that its subsidiary América Móvil B.V. has increased its shareholding in Telekom Austria AG to 58% of Telekom Austria's outstanding shares.
News categories: América Móvil, Telekom Austria, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, MandA
KIPCO announces deal to bring together OSN+ and Anghami
Nov 21, 2023 – KIPCO has announced that its subsidiary, OSN, has reached a deal to combine its content streaming platform, OSN+, with Anghami's music and entertainment streaming platform.
News categories: KIPCO, OSN, Sheikha Dana Nasser Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, Joe Kawkabani, Elie Habib, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, Streaming
United Group acquires Bulsatcom
Nov 9, 2023 – United Group has announced the signing of an agreement to acquire Bulsatcom. Bulsatcom provides direct-to-home satellite TV, IPTV, and broadband services in Bulgaria.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, Bulsatcom, Victoriya Boklag, Nikolai Andreev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Telefónica to bid for full control of Telefónica Deutschland
Nov 8, 2023 – Telefónica has decided to make a public acquisition offer to the shareholders of Telefónica Deutschland to acquire the 28.19% of Telefónica Deutschland that it does not already own.
News categories: Telefónica, Telefónica Deutschland, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MandA
Sony Interactive Entertainment to acquire iSIZE
Nov 2, 2023 – Sony Interactive Entertainment has agreed to acquire iSIZE. iSIZE builds AI-powered solutions to deliver bitrate savings and quality improvements for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UK, Worldwide
Disney to purchase remaining stake in Hulu from Comcast
Nov 1, 2023 – Disney (NYSE: DIS) is to acquire the 33% stake in Hulu held by Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) following Comcast's exercise of its right under the put/call arrangement between the two companies.
News categories: Disney, Hulu, Comcast, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Harmonic begins strategic review of its Video business
Oct 30, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is assessing a range of alternatives for its Video business with the company having received indications of interest in the business from a number of parties.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Worldwide
Liberty Global acquires 100% of Telenet
Oct 16, 2023 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced that, by the end of the simplified squeeze-out period, Liberty Global Belgium Holding will own 100% of the shares of Telenet.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telenet, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
Oct 3, 2023 – Croatian Telecom [Hrvatski Telekom] (Reuters: HT.ZA; Bloomberg: HT CZ) has announced that the merger of Iskon Internet Inc. into Croatian Telecom Inc. has been initiated.
News categories: Hrvatski Telekom, Iskon, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward