Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
Jun 8, 2023 – Atmosic's ATM Bluetooth system-on-chip (SoC) series has been approved for inclusion in the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) as a reference design for voice remote controls.
News categories: Atmosic, David Su, Android TV, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
Jun 6, 2023 – When hosted on Thales' inflight entertainment system, Netskrt's edge CDN will provide content caching for streaming of direct-to-consumer content to seatback screens and personal devices.
News categories: Netskrt, Thales, Sig Luft, Kurt Weidemeyer, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
Jun 7, 2023 – Samsung's Exynos Auto V920 processor has been selected to power Hyundai Motor's IVI systems. The V920 enables display of driving information, as well as seamless playback of video content and games.
News categories: Samsung, Hyundai Motor, Jae Geol Pyee, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
Jun 6, 2023 – DingoTV has announced a partnership with Edge Video. Edge Video’s Watch2Earn and Gaimified TV products immerse viewers by integrating gamification elements into television content and ads.
News categories: Edge Video, DingoTV, Joe Ward, David Gross, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
Jun 7, 2023 – Foxxum has partnered with OTTera to launch apps on its Foxxum CTV OS. The collaboration brings apps such as Party Tyme Karaoke, LAVA and La Bocina Latina, with more to follow, to Foxxum enabled-Smart TVs.
News categories: Foxxum, OTTera, Ronny Lutzi, Stephen L. Hodge, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
Jun 1, 2023 – According to IDC, global shipments of AR and VR headsets slowed significantly in Q1 2023 as economic conditions worsened and the market cooled compared to pandemic driven highs seen last year.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028