Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
May 12, 2021 – Irdeto has announced that it has joined the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS). All Irdeto’s media services are designed to support customers running on AWS.
News categories: Irdeto, Amazon Web Services, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
May 10, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has released the 2021-1 version of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite and the Test Assertions Repository (TAR). The release includes new tests for Targeted Advertising (HbbTV-TA) and the first test cases for version 2.0.3.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
May 10, 2021 – Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 591 million between 2020 and 2026 to reach 1,495 million, according to Digital TV Research. The average SVOD subscriber will then have 2.14 SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
May 7, 2021 – Blockgraph is to work with The Trade Desk to facilitate first-party Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting in TV advertising. The integration will enable advertisers to run multi-platform TV campaigns that put privacy first.
News categories: Blockgraph, The Trade Desk, Jason Manningham, Michelle Hulst, Rob Klippel, James Rooke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
May 6, 2021 – Strategy Analytics-Teligen has introduced a benchmarking system that compares communication service offers across all permutations of services bundles in accordance with the recently approved OECD methodology.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Josie Sephton, Bernadette Finn, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
May 6, 2021 – Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy, the semiconductor market performed strongly in 2020. Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew to $464 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.8% compared to 2019, according to ID).
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Nina Turner, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
Peach launches global ad distribution platform
May 5, 2021 – Peach has launched a convergent video offering with linear TV and digital video distribution now available in one place. The Peach platform simplifies video ad distribution across digital channels.
News categories: Peach, Ben Regensburger, Advertising, Worldwide
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform