Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
DAZN expands anti-piracy capabilities with Irdeto forensic watermarking
Sep 15, 2023 – Irdeto has announced that DAZN relies on its forensic watermarking to enhance its fight against piracy. Irdeto is supporting DAZN with end-to-end security solutions including multi-DRM.
News categories: Irdeto, DAZN, Doug Lowther, Sandeep Tiku, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca powers CNT video streaming service in Ecuador
Sep 15, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that CNT will use VO's Cloud Platform, multi-DRM solution, Secure Video Player, and multiscreen apps for the delivery of its new CNTPlay OTT service in Ecuador.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, CNT, Philippe Léonetti, Diego Perez, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Ecuador, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming
Verimatrix and Scalstrm partner on live streaming protection
Sep 14, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has teamed up with Scalstrm to offer live video content protection through the integration of Verimatrix' Streamkeeper Multi-DRM with Scalstrm’s Origin and CDN services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Scalstrm, Sofia Regojo, Erik Svennemar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
NAGRA launches multi-DRM service on AWS Marketplace
Sep 15, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its multi-DRM solution, a core module of the company’s Active Streaming Protection framework, is now available via a SaaS pricing model on AWS Marketplace.
News categories: NAGRA, AWS, Sebastian Kramer, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Media Prima selects Irdeto multi-DRM and anti-piracy services
Sep 14, 2023 – Media Prima has selected Irdeto as its Multi-DRM and anti-piracy service provider, enabling it to confidently grow the user base of its Tonton streaming service, and maximize its viewership revenue.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Prima, Andrew Bunten, Gregory Eu, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, Streaming
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Agama and Verimatrix to highlight extended partnership at IBC
Sep 7, 2023 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that Agama now offers its video operations support solutions integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM.
News categories: Verimatrix, Agama, Sofia Regojo, Johan Görsjö, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
glomex selects Axinom DRM to safeguard its videos
Aug 31, 2023 – glomex has chosen Axinom DRM to protect its content. glomex needed a multi-DRM service that offered service flexibility, ensured the protection of premium VoD across devices, and could manage peak demand.
News categories: Axinom, glomex, Johannes Jauch, Deno von Selasinsky, Ioannis Charkiotakis, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Verimatrix, Beacon and Amlogic extend STB security to BYOD
Sep 6, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced customizable anti-piracy defensive countermeasures and threat intelligence built inside Android TV STBs from Beacon, integrated with Amlogic.
News categories: Verimatrix, Beacon, Amlogic, Sofia Regojo, Richard Kim, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio