Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
NPAW introduces anti-account sharing and playback-resuming solutions
May 10, 2023 – NPAW has introduced anti-account sharing for OTT services to its suite of analytics apps. A bookmarking solution supporting playback-resumption across devices has also been added.
News categories: NPAW, Ruben Senor-Megias, Big Data, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
HbbTV updates Test Suite and DASH DRM Reference Application
Apr 24, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has released updated versions of the HbbTV Test Suite and DASH DRM Reference Application. The 2023-1 test suite includes newly approved tests as well as bug fixes and improvements.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Openview launches pay-TV bouquet in S. Africa with NAGRA security
Apr 20, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Openview, a free-to-air satellite TV service in South Africa, has extended its relationship with NAGRA to secure Ultraview, its new pay-TV offering.
News categories: NAGRA, eMedia Investments, Openview, Nancy Goldberg, Khalik Sherrif, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
NAGRA joins AWS ISV Accelerate Program
Apr 18, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has joined the AWS Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Accelerate Program with validation for its NexGuard Forensic Watermarking, OpenTV Video Platform and Active Streaming Protection offerings.
News categories: NAGRA, Sebastian Kramer, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Watermarking, Worldwide
Cumulative US piracy loss for streaming services to exceed $113bn by 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Parks Associates has announced that by the end of 2027, there will be a cumulative loss to piracy of $113 billion for streaming video providers serving US consumers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Hawley, Sarah Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Triveni Digital introduces ATSC 3.0 tools supporting NEXTGEN TV decryption
Apr 16, 2023 – Triveni Digital has announced that its StreamScope XM Analyzer and Monitor are the first test and measurement products to support the NEXTGEN TV decryption protocols.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Mark Simpson, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
QTAKE integrates NAGRA forensic watermarking at camera
Apr 12, 2023 – QTAKE has integrated NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) forensic watermarking to secure live video and playback, protecting content directly from the camera into the production workflow for the first time .
News categories: NAGRA, QTAKE, Ken Gerstein, Vlado Struhar, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media