Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
Jan 13, 2021 – VUALTO has announced that ITV has chosen to implement VUALTO's dynamic event orchestration technology, integrated with VUALTO's scalable DRM solution, to deliver live streamed events via its ITV Hub VOD service.
News categories: VUALTO, ITV, Camilla Young, Vinay Kumar Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that SK Broadband has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator's premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, SK Broadband, Stéphane Le Dréau, SangBum Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Watermarking
MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
Jan 12, 2021 – The latest version from MovieLabs, ECP 1.3, primarily addresses the risks posed by debugging interfaces left open and by devices past end-of-life for DRM and security updates that fail to patch known vulnerabilities.
News categories: MovieLabs, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
Jan 12, 2021 – Synamedia's security and watermarking solutions are now integrated with the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform. The combination detects pirate streams in real time and redirect viewers to legitimate services.
News categories: Synamedia, Akamai, Yael Fainaro, Amit Kasturia, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases new technical specifications
Dec 22, 2020 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that two technical specifications are now available - the Open Caching Performance Measurement Specification and the Securing Streaming Video Specification.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Telekom Srbija adopts Irdeto Control to secure its OTT platform
Dec 7, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that Telekom Srbija has recently implemented Irdeto Control, the company’s multi-DRM system, to secure their OTT platform. Irdeto Control is a multi-DRM, MovieLabs-compliant security solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Telekom Srbija, Shane McCarthy, Djordje Marovic, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Serbia
VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
Dec 2, 2020 – VUALTO has announced that France Télévisions has chosen to implement VUALTO’s digital rights management solution, VUDRM, to protect and deliver its audiovisual content across all its digital platforms.
News categories: VUALTO, France Télévisions, Camilla Young, Fernando López Navarro, Digital TV, DRM, France, OTT
Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
Nov 18, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced general availability of its Verimatrix Watermarking anti-piracy technology for HTML5, enabling users to attach a signature to each viewer on an HTML5 streaming platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Martin Bergenwall, Digital TV, HTML5, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product