Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Mediaset España selects Unified Streaming technology
May 3, 2022 – Unified Streaming is partnering with Mediaset España to optimize Mediaset's live streaming and linear programming. Mediaset España is also implementing Unified technology for content protection and to package its VOD catalog, with and without DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Mediaset, Ewout Meijer, Manuel Jesús Guisado, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain
Friend MTS adds Axinom and castLabs to partner programme
Apr 22, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced new technology partnerships as it continues to expand its portfolio of anti-piracy and content security technologies. This latest announcement welcomes Axinom and castLabs to the Friend MTS partnership programme.
News categories: Friend MTS, Axinom, castLabs, Dennis Scott, Johannes Jauch, Thasso Griebel, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Allente deploys Synamedia SaaS security for OTT
Apr 26, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Allente is deploying Synamedia's SaaS solutions to protect all streamed TV and video content. Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard and multi-DRM solutions will allow Allente to securely stream content across any open platform and to all devices.
News categories: Synamedia, Allente, Yael Fainaro, Jon Espen Nergård, Content Protection, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Megacable strengthens security with Verimatrix
Apr 20, 2022 – Megacable has selected a suite of Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) products and technologies to fortify its enterprise defenses: Verimatrix XTD (Extended Threat Defense), Streamkeeper Watermarking, Streamkeeper Edge Authenticator and App Shield.
News categories: Verimatrix, Megacable, Asaf Ashkenazi, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Watermarking
Viaccess-Orca integrates applications with Google Cloud
Apr 20, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that VO solutions are now integrated with Google Cloud Anthos, a fully managed Kubernetes-based platform that allows users to manage their data and applications in hybrid cloud environments, including on-premises, the public cloud, the private cloud, and multi-cloud.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Google Cloud, Orange, Alain Nochimowski, Jeff Reed, Steve Jarrett, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca supports launch of Orange Belgium's new OTT services
Apr 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with VO's Secure Video Player. VO's Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, assuring a superior QoE on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Benoit Brieussel, Guillaume Ducellier, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report