Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
Jul 1, 2022 – CryptoGuard has announced that ASTA-NET has selected CryptoGuard multi-DRM solution to secure video content for its MeeVu IPTV platform. ASTA-NET is a broadband, TV and telephony service provider in the Greater Poland region.
News categories: CryptoGuard, ASTA-NET, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Jakub Kucharzewski, Zbigniew Ryczek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
Jun 29, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that izzi is to build on its existing use of Verimatrix solutions with additional Verimatrix technologies to protect its iOS, Android and web streaming and Android set-top box services.
News categories: Verimatrix, izzi, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming
Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
Jun 29, 2022 – Skyworth Digital has announced that Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has chosen Skyworth Digital as the provider of Asia's first 4K RDK IPTV set-top box for access to BCN's digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Bhimavaram Community Network, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
Jun 22, 2022 – BuyDRM has announced the selection of its KeyOS Multi-DRM platform to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus, Samsung’s free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) platform. KeyOS is a content security platform for premium video content.
News categories: BuyDRM, OVHcloud, Christopher Levy, Thierry Souche, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3.4 million watching pirated video in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2022 – Piracy still poses a problem to the video industry in the Nordics. According to research from Mediavision, 17% of all people 15-74 years old in the Nordics have illegally streamed or downloaded films and TV episodes in the past month.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Irdeto and Broadpeak power Tata Play Binge OTT aggregation service
May 30, 2022 – Irdeto has announce that Tata Play has implemented Broadpeak BkS350 Origin Packager pre-integrated with Irdeto Control and Irdeto Media Manager to power their OTT aggregation platform, Tata Play Binge.
News categories: Irdeto, Broadpeak, Tata, Shane McCarthy, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th