Broadcast (Cable TV, DTH Satellite, Terrestrial) News
Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – ENENSYS has partnered with Eutelsat to show streaming over 5G networks using DVB-NIP. DVB-NIP convergences broadband and broadcast to increase the reach of satellite and broadcast operations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eutelsat, Laurent ROUL, Annamaria Recchia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite
wedotv launches FAST services on satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 15, 2023 – wedotv is expanding its distribution with the launch of FAST channels for Italy on Eutelsat satellites at 13°E. Viewers with a connected TV will also be able to watch via an HbbTV App.
News categories: Eutelsat, wedotv, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13F and 13G satellites enter service
Sep 13, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its high-power HOTBIRD 13F and HOTBIRD 13G satellites have entered into full commercial service, located at its 13°E video neighbourhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Laurence Delpy, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
NationalChip adds Eutelsat FTA EPG to set-top box chipset
Sep 14, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and NationalChip are bringing an FTA satellite TV viewing experience to homes around the world thanks to the integration of Sat.tv services in a NationalChip chipset.
News categories: Eutelsat, NationalChip, Laurence Delpy, Vincent Huang, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Media Broadcast selects full suite of managed services from Irdeto
Sep 14, 2023 – Irdeto has extended its collaboration with Media Broadcast to include a suite of Managed Services designed to unburden TV providers from the complexities of managing underlying infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Broadcast, freenet TV, Doug Lowther, Jan Wessels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PŸUR TV users benefit from personalization with XroadMedia
Sep 12, 2023 – Tele Columbus has implemented personalization services across its PŸUR TV platform using XroadMedia's Ncanto, ensuring that all relevant content for each user is easily discoverable.
News categories: XroadMedia, Tele Columbus, Adolf Proidl, Markus Oswald, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, UX
Link Net deploys Open Caching with Qwilt and Cisco
Sep 12, 2023 – Link Net is working with Qwilt and Cisco to deploy a CDN solution, elevating the quality and delivery capacity of Link Net's streaming applications to homes across Indonesia.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Link Net, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Marlo Budiman, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC