Apps (Smart TV, Tablet, Smartphone) News
Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
Sep 28, 2022 – Cignal TV has transformed the user experiences of its Cignal Play streaming service, using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform, improving streaming quality, navigation, discovery, and control for viewers of the service.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Prabu Chelladurai, Jane Basas, Vicky De Leon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
GTPL selects Nagra to protect its OTT app
Sep 9, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it's OTT security solutions have been selected by GTPL Hathway, the largest multiple-system operator in India with more than 11 million connected homes, to ensure content protection for its OTT app.
News categories: Nagra, GTPL, Stéphane Le Dréau, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, India
Norigin Media selected to validate Vevo's OTT apps
Sep 6, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with Norigin Media to validate a range of Connected TV apps across Android TV, Roku, Vizio, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service helps quality-assure streaming TV Apps.
News categories: Norigin Media, Vevo, Ajey Anand, Scott Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV launches new App Builder at IBC2022
Sep 5, 2022 – MwareTV will demonstrate at IBC2022 the latest version of its core TV management system (TVMS) including a new App Builder which allows anyone to design a completely tailored and branded experience on any device.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Mux analytics platform integrated with Norigin TV App Framework
Aug 24, 2022 – Mux has announced that Mux Data has been integrated with Norigin Media's Tracking Manager and React-based TV App Framework to help organize analytics from broadcaster streaming TV services, giving them reliable QoE measurements.
News categories: Norigin Media, Mux, TV2, Ajey Anand, Cyril Duprat, Tor Egil Alvær, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
Aug 16, 2022 – Rsupport has announced that RemoteMeeting, its video conferencing service, is now available on 2021 and 2022 LG Smart TVs. Compatible TV users can now conduct a video conference without needing a PC or laptop.
News categories: Rsupport, LG, Hyung Su Seo, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
Aug 2, 2022 – Foxtel and Disney have announced an agreement to integrate the Disney+ app on the STBs of Foxtel subscribers, boosting Foxtel's streaming aggregation strategy and bringing together the world's best content all in one place.
News categories: Foxtel, Disney, Amanda Laing, Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity